Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117677 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »
Cities built, next stop: Expansion and War!  (Dave H., the creator, made it so that everyone starts relatively close, so we can get started with battles and such sooner.)

Regarding tech, it will take a while.  Note that you have to have tech throughout a production system in order to develop it. 

In other words, you can't develop TL2 for the ship factory only.  Every commodity used for the ship has to be TL2; same goes for everything (e.g. you must have TL2 mines to make TL2 metal to make TL2 electronics, and so forth).  So make sure all your mines, factories, etc. are doing research.

Back to the war, though... sounds like the Borg empire are the nearest legitimate target.  Let's see if we can't liberate one or more of their cities.  :)
Expansion as in bigger cities or more cities? We can't efficiently share tech from outside the system.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2010, 11:04:05 AM »
Expansion, as in, get to more sectors.  Get higher on the Empire Status List8)

Oh, and regarding sharing tech, there are a couple of ways to do it.  You can always get a bunch of tech-data disks and just carry them to the other cities.  That's safer than having an AI ship run a trade route.

Also, and if you hadn't figured it out yet.  The "request-berth-then-spawn-recall" method is an almost instantaneous way to get around.  :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:08:39 AM by Foil »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:18 AM »
Do ya think our 30-some ships and 13 players look intimidating? ;)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2010, 11:10:21 AM »
Yeah, tech sharing seems to be a bit slow in general.

I have made a troop carrier, but of course, with limited tech, I can only have 2 troops, but we can command an entire fleet of them while commanding our own ships.

And then we have "meat madness." Rooster ended up logging off last night aboard his ship without his helmet vizor closed. Thing is, within the 30 seconds that your character remains in the world even after you logged off, the ship was still running and its reactors blew up. So he died and ended up back on Terra V, a planet with a toxic atmosphere. Since Rooster spawned on a road and since the road wasn't sealed away from the elements, he kept dying and dying and dying. My theory states that dying resets the 30 second timer. Everything was fine this morning until he logged back on. Then the server started "lagging out the ass." What happened was when he logged back on finally, the server rendered the planet, along with the piles and piles of meat that was on the ground. I headed over there to go destroy all of the meat. I was working on that for a while (I felt like a janitor) until our night in shining armor showed up. Foil during his lunch break from work! He alerted the Devs and they shut down the server and cleaned up the meat for us!

What an event! Rooster solved world hunger for sure!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
... our night in shining armor showed up. Foil during his lunch break from work! He alerted the Devs and they shut down the server and cleaned up the meat for us!

Thanks, but I think they were already working on the issue when I told them.  :)

Dave H. (Haxus) and Shane (Blugwort) said to thank you guys for being in there and reporting bugs and such.  It definitely helps expose issues, so they can work on keeping things smooth.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2010, 02:12:57 PM »
Hey...

I heard you guys caught Blugwort attacking your station, and almost blew him out of the sky (he said he was taking a lot of damage, and you guys might have killed him if not for today's lag).

Very nice!! :D

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »
Yeah, I also rebuilt the station with level 1 armor this time. We're getting pretty close to TL2. We've only got a few things to get to TL2 still. And until then the good ole' Carrier MK 2 does the job just fine :)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Gaaaaaahhhh! I almost had him!!! I was lagging around in my fighter. I'd shoot and the hits would count about 17 seconds later. When he was escaping into space, I kept shooting him from underneath. I had a great feeling that I was about to destroy him, but he disappeared completely in the blink of an eye. I would have followed him all the way to the wormhole if I could, but there are no target indicators or radar in a fighter (really should be some indicator. It's a pain trying to find any ship in the void).

I've got the video of the first Borg scout mission. I was alone in the fighter while Matt hid the ship indetween two moons. Remember that this intel is a day old.

After grabing the video, trying to find the ship again was a pain. Remember the question NASA had when they were going to try docking for the first time? "Will they be able to find it?" Well, they sure had more luck than we did! ::)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:00:38 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:17 PM »
The borg are being assimilated...

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »
No, no no NO NOOO! The shut down the servers during our Borg attack!

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
No, no no NO NOOO! The shut down the servers during our Borg attack!
Actually it seems to only be the borg server that shut down. The other players are still online. Dis ain't good.

EDIT: Get on the DF.net chat

Yep it was just a partial server shutdown/crash. Down to 20 worker servers from the usual 24.

EDIT 2: W00t server back up! And we captured the borg cube :D

EDIT 3: Nooooooo crashed again!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:22:05 PM by Matthew »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
aaaand it's down again.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2010, 06:08:33 AM »
Oh, man... I wish I could have been there.

I think Dave H. (Haxus) is already looking at server logs to see what happened.

P.S. I was just told by a co-worker that if you're going to capture that city, you guys should try again soon.  They're working on adding turrets to bases, which will make them considerably harder to capture.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2010, 06:19:42 AM »
Oh, man... I wish I could have been there.

I think Dave H. (Haxus) is already looking at server logs to see what happened.

P.S. I was just told by a co-worker that if you're going to capture that city, you guys should try again soon.  They're working on adding turrets to bases, which will make them considerably harder to capture.
We've been a bit too aggressive, eh? XD

EDIT: Bring it on! I just checked my mails (The scene servers are down but the mail servers are still up :P) and we're ready to start producing TL2. All we need is a little shuffling of tech.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:33:47 AM by Matthew »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:08 AM »
We've been a bit too aggressive, eh? XD

No, not at all!

The plans to upgrade the defense bases have been in the works for a long time.  They just haven't finished that task yet, so now is a GREAT time to play aggressive and go capture some cities.

P.S. Dave just said: "I really appreciate those PTMC guys helping flush those bugs out of the woodwork, so I can get them fixed."  :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets