Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 116973 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 06:21:20 AM »
I got some good screenshots of the fun on Saturday night (including the ship FD13/Rooster hijacked).  Lots of people showed up, good stuff.

I'll post the screenshots later.

P.S. If anyone has any good shots, I can add them to the website gallery (the backgrounds that show up on the site).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:38:10 AM by Foil »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:08 AM »
Matt created a gunship for me, but it does something a little extra becides shooting the attacking animals. It has a special "security system." If anyone comes close to it, it crashes the server! XD

I heard about that this morning.  Dave, the game creator, said it's one of the many newly-found bugs on his fix-list for this week.  :)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 08:32:35 AM »
PTMC now has their first space station :D

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:37 AM »
Very nice, Matt!

P.S. Do you have your city doing any tech research?  Everyone is at Tech Level 1 right now, but once we hit higher tech levels, we can start using shields/transporters/etc.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »
...Foil said to press a few buttons to respawn at me new city (I believe that there was a missunderstanding on my part. I thought I was setting the spawn on the new city). I ended up being teleported back to my old city with no way of finding the new one.

No, that one was entirely my fault.  I told you the wrong button-combo.  I meant to tell you the spawn-tie control (Shift-~), but I gave you the spawn-recall control (Alt-Bksp).  I felt bad about it; my apologies.

...Oh well, I'll try to look tomorrow and see if I can find it by looking. It has no indicators and is only about 5 squares big. Veeeeeeeeery tiny on the huge world that we are on. ;)

You should have about three days before it decays away.  One way to look for it is to look up the city's latitude/longitude (should be in your F2 dialog under the city's report), and use the F7 dialog (which shows your current lat/long) to navigate toward it.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
P.S. Good news.  One of my co-workers who is involved in the game wants to either join the PTMC, or bring his current empire (Wookies) nearby and share technology.  :D

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
Matt or Foil, do either of you how to make your gunner stop shooting everything? Also, how do you make the ship follow your character and not just objects? I doubt that is possible.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »
I think your gunner will shoot anything that's considered an enemy, including nearby threatening creatures. 

About the ship nav to follow your character, I'm not sure.  Ask one of the Hazeron top guys(Haxus, Blugwort, Chewbacca), they should be able to tell you.

If nothing else, you can PM me your questions, and I'll forward them on.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:56 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Foil! I just didn't want my gunner draining the ship's batteries. Are they unlimited? I also could tell the ship to follow a bike and then I could just drive around in it. :P
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »
That's a good question.  I'm not sure if it drains the ship's power or not.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 05:55:17 AM »
That's a good question.  I'm not sure if it drains the ship's power or not.
I think it does, but power recharges fairly quickly. You can view your current capacitor at the power relay station or in the cargo bay (I think).

Also, the PTMC currently has the largest fleet, the most players, and the second most cities. However, we have yet to expand into any additional systems besides foil's, ad his is currently cut off from the rest.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:58:59 AM by Matthew »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 06:11:17 AM »
We need to do some expansion, definitely.

However... right now (early in the game) would be the perfect time to also do some conquest.  :)

If we can arrange a few players, we might be able to take one of the other empire's capitals.  (I happen to know they're primarily focused on expansion at the moment.)  8)

Perhaps this weekend.  I'll talk to the Wookies guy - I think he would be interested.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 07:11:21 AM »
Alright! I'm building a battleship! How many guns can it have at our current tech level at TL1? Thought I heard that there was a limit.

If anyone needs an air force, MN001's got it! Bunches and bunches of fighters! Gunships (and soon to be other cap. ships) are being made down near the end of the runway. Did I mention that my runway is the equivilant of Edward's AFB's runway? HUGE! Just grab a bike or a fighter to move around. Thery're replaceable.

And where is Foil and how come he can't get back?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 07:14:07 AM by NUMBERZero »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
And where is Foil and how come he can't get back?

My Foil character is there in Terra.  My Phoil character is starting to build a city (I intend it to be mostly research) in the Red Acropolis system.  It's a sector away (in the Ventura sector), but with space tech, it's certainly not unreachable.

I'll have to build some more defenses, though, because Blugwort (my boss Shane) has already noticed it.  :P

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 08:49:45 AM »
The limit is 2 guns at TL1. But I have a design with 4 guns from before they changed it that can still be built.  ;D

The problem is we have no idea where any wormholes are or how to find them.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets