Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117676 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2010, 10:14:29 AM »
Yeah, but I forgot to get shoes so I got to go back there.

Anyway, the server shut down the other day apparently for an upgrade, which I just now installed an am now traveling to the next closest system. Hopefully has some animals on it, I am out of food.

Also here is another minor bug: When you go to travel to another solar system, you get a list of systems which you can order by distance. But the ordering is handled as a text string instead of as a numeric string. In other words as you can see on this screenie, 19.99pc comes before 2.26pc.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Fennecfox

• Silver
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
Theres a bug section on the PTMC Forums.  Why not post there?

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »
Also, try to find the grocery store or a farm. Ask for food and get like 30 things of food. IDK about other cities, but the beans over at MN are the highest TL and quality and gives you 45 food Pts. Plus they only take up one square in your crate.

BTW, Power armor and environ suits gives you shoes.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:31 PM »
I had one of my crew today get killed, so I took his suit. And his carcass. I ate him. I didn't see his rifle, though. I did plant a flag and an orchard. And some houses and something else, I think it is a laser turret.

So I went on a hunting expedition and killed some animals.

And I never got a confirmation e-mail from the ptmc forum. So I can't login. Edit: tried again, it let me in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:16:04 PM by WillyP »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »
Planted another flag.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:11:11 PM by WillyP »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2010, 06:51:55 PM »
Well, I made it back to Terra, then I couldn't land because I did not have a navigator. Must have lost him on Peurto de WillyP too. So Haxus came and told me what to do so finaly I landed. When I went to the store for beans I saw these critters. Wow, what have you guys been feeding these things?

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »
They just randomly show up. Fortunately they don't ever randomly attack...ever.

I am noticing that your cities don't have any population. You need to build a few farms, lots (but not enough to surpass the farms) of homes, and mines. You need stone to build the buildings. Put a mine on a stone deposite, build it, and run it. Finish building your buildings. What you really want to do after everything is stable and you are mining and creating lots of other things is to build an airport terminal.

Cities don't grow on their own. You have to manually work on them first. Then once there are enough citizens, they will slowly do the work for you.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2010, 06:04:17 AM »
Yes, I had read the instructions on the website. I think what happened is I put things down at random not knowing what I was doing, and so blocked off all sides of the town square from further dev. I ran out of food and went hunting but then I decided to go back to Terra for supplies. I'll try again today.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2010, 10:27:48 AM »
Demolish all building sites and start building dirt roads. they don't need any resources and requires one click of the run button.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
I tried to get back there but the ship wanted to land in the water. So I tried to fly it manually to dry land at least but blew it up instead. Sorry about your ship, and the crew. If it's any consolation, I died a slow, painful death. There were no starships on Terra when I respawned, so I stole a fighter and crashed it and died again.

I don't know why the ship would not go back to the coordinates of the town square I put down. And there did not seem to be anyway to input the long and lats, which I got from the city stats e-mail.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
If the city's coordinates were X.XW, X.XN, you could have swapped the W or the N for E or S.

And crew and troops are a dime a dozen dozen dozen dozen. So are fighters. Ships are sort of another story. I can get a factory to build a ship that can spawn on the ground. A Minerva Mk. III is a good ship.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
If the city's coordinates were X.XW, X.XN, you could have swapped the W or the N for E or S.

How the heck do you do that? I could not find a place to enter numbers.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2010, 06:38:57 PM »
Bring up spacecraft mission, new mission, Land, then click your planet, then specify the coordinates at the place above the planets list.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2010, 05:29:31 AM »
Ok, now I really screwed up. I tried to sit in the captain seat, while the ship was traveling. The screen for the helm came up instead, and I started dieing and re-spawning, and it does that over and over, dropping beans every time. But I can't hit E to relinquish the helm, or do anything else, because as soon as I respawn I die.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »
Wow... that sounds like quite a bug!!  And a very weird one at that.  I'll let Dave (Haxus) know.

Oh, BTW.  When you make it back to that town (or if you start a new one), try spawn-tying to it.  That way when you respawn, you're right back there.

Oh, and NZ is quite right.  If you end up blocking something off in your city, just use the 'demolish' button to clear out tiles as needed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:24:54 AM by Foil »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets