Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117596 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2010, 04:33:02 PM »
Foil! That looks like a bra as your current item. XD
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2010, 05:16:37 AM »
Dun be killin' mah citizens  :'(

Don't worry, I died several times and have no weapons now. Except for a rifle which I can't use as I have no ammo. No, come to think of it, I dropped that to.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »
You can buy everything you need at a Retail Store or Broker building.  Just go to one of those buildings, and hit the green "Solicit Sales" button on the Comm dialog.  The cities will respond (possibly in another channel), and you can buy the item(s), including ammo for your rifle.

As was mentioned, if you buy power armor and a power helmet, it will help you significantly with survival.

(Also, sticking around cities and in starships helps, too.  :)  )

BTW, did you make it to any other planets or systems yesterday after I left?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »
Quote from: Foil
Here's a quick screenshot I got from Captain WillyP sitting in the captain's chair

Willy's feet melted into the base of the chair, I see. :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:37:47 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
That's because I HAVE NO SHOES!  >:( Not even sandals. Heck I'd settle for a pair of flip-flops right now!

I went to several places, that did not seem to have an airport. Then I went to Terra and landed. I got out and walked around but I did not see and looked around for a gun shop or any sportsman's shop to buy I knife or some ammo, jeesh, there wasn't even a Walmart. I took a bike out of the ship, rode around for a little while, then when I tried to put it back in the ship it ran out of gas! So, who's ever ship I stole, one of your bikes is on the airport at Terra. Hey, at least I didn't abandon this one on some deserted isle, out of gas and rusted with 12 hits of corrosion damage! Can I get an amphibious vehicle next time?

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »
LOL, don't worry about taking the ship out, WillyP.  That ship is one of MANY, and it's a lower-tech-level transport.  Not a big deal.

BTW, you can land on planets without airports.  The "Land" ship command should do it.

Honestly, it would be cool if you could go create a city somewhere in a different sector.  Next time you're getting around in a ship, try the commands to travel to a distant system.  Might take a little while (and your pilot may send you through a wormhole or two to get there), but I'll try to look one up during my lunch today.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2010, 12:02:13 PM »
Ok, I'm on my way to System Vieb now.

It would be a great feature to have status updates on what is going on... like, 'We have lifted from the planet surface and are orbiting' or 'We are now cruising toward the first wormhole at a rate of x parsecs per hour.'

Also, stole a couple of motorcycles from the planet to replace the one that ran out of gas, although I got one stuck in the turret. It wasn't easy getting those bikes on the ship!

I bought four flags so I'll see what I can do. ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:05:44 PM by WillyP »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Awesome! (BTW, I think it was system "V I B E" I directed you to.)

Just FYI, when you cross between sectors, you'll get the 'wormhole' effect.

Since your ship is probably dead-heading to that system, there may be a while where it seems like you're not making much progress.  Be patient, you'll get there.  Trust me, it's better than making the flight in a rocket (what you have to use before starships).

Good luck!

P.S. If you want to check up on your progress, you can go sit in your ship's nav station (the crewman there will leave when you sit down), or just hit "Alt-N" from the Captain's chair. 

P.P.S.  When you get to a habitable planet, I'd suggest starting a city there.  Here's a good guide: How to build your first city
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:18:23 PM by Foil »

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Here's a quick screenshot I got from Captain WillyP sitting in the captain's chair, the ship hovering over the city on Terra Alpha IV, before heading away:

That image looks nostalgic.. like something that would have come straight out of the 1995 OpenGL Programming guide. I like it :P

(and no, that's not an insult to anything)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
You did say vibe, but I did not see a vibe so I figured it was a typo... I am at vieb now and don't see any habitable planets. They all say 'Frigid zone'

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »
I guess it was a typo on my part, my apologies.

No habitable planets?  Hm.  Looks like we'll need to find another system.

If there are wormholes near the star, you can go through them to a different nearby system (set a waypoint at the wormhole, and the ship will go through it when it arrives).  Hopefully the next system will have a habitable planet.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
Ok, I'll see if I can figure that out! ;) But right now, it looks like the server is down.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
Oh, man.  I'm sorry.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »
That's because I HAVE NO SHOES!  >:( Not even sandals. Heck I'd settle for a pair of flip-flops right now!

I went to several places, that did not seem to have an airport. Then I went to Terra and landed. I got out and walked around but I did not see and looked around for a gun shop or any sportsman's shop to buy I knife or some ammo, jeesh, there wasn't even a Walmart. I took a bike out of the ship, rode around for a little while, then when I tried to put it back in the ship it ran out of gas! So, who's ever ship I stole, one of your bikes is on the airport at Terra. Hey, at least I didn't abandon this one on some deserted isle, out of gas and rusted with 12 hits of corrosion damage! Can I get an amphibious vehicle next time?
As mentioned earlier, you but weapons at a retail store or broker.

You can use your fists, teeth, and feet as weapons too.

There should've been ammo somewhere near when you found the rifle.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2010, 06:36:47 AM »
I showed WillyP how to find a store; he picked up armor and everything he needed.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets