0 (0%)
Hive Mind
0 (0%)
One of my Descent remixes [Which remix?]
0 (0%)
One of the songs from The Enemy Within [Which one?]
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Interesting opportunity from ReverbNation -- which song should I submit?  (Read 5243 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Kaiaatsel:

I recently recieved a message from ReverbNation inviting me to submit music that will be played in universities and colleges across the United States.
I'm not sure which song to submit (I have too many options!) so I want your help -- especially from those people here who are university or college students (or will be).  Which songs would you like to hear at school? :D

The options:
Errorstorm
Ravager
Mechanika
Elevator Drop
Whispers of the Dead
Hive Mind
One of my Descent remixes [Which remix?]
One of the songs from The Enemy Within [Which one?]
I'll add a poll as soon as I remember how :P.

This is the message from ReverbNation, if you want to see it for some reason :P.
This is your official invitation to submit to the ReverbNation Spotlight on SHMEK-U (Jan-Mar 2012)
      Dates: Sunday, January 1st, 2012 - Saturday, March 31st, 2012
Submissions Open: Mon Dec 5
Submissions Close: Tue Jan 31 2012
Submission Fee: 1.99
Learn More
Event Description:

Every week, two (2) ReverbNation artists/bands will be selected by SHMEK-U to be included in a "ReverbNation :60 Spotlight" where your music will be exposed to millions of listeners.

What does SHMEK-U do for artists/bands?
SHMEK-U places your music in a national collegiate broadcast network that delivers engaging content through large screen displays at 185 colleges and universities in high traffic locations like Student Unions and Recreational Centers with an average weekly traffic count of almost 9 million and over 35,000,000 monthly.

Submissions for this Opportunity are for the Spotlight that runs from January 2012 - March 2012.

ARTIST CAMPAIGN DETAILS:

- Two featured artists per week (selected by SHMEK-U staff) from RPK submissions
- Each artist gets a :30 artist spot inside the ReverbNation Spotlight (2 featured artists totaling :60)
- - Each artist selected song will reach a minimum of 8,757,564 in student traffic
- On-screen copy will direct viewers to the artist's ReverbNation profile page
- Each artist selected song will receive over 158,480 spins of their song/video
- Each artist broadcast on 185 college campuses nationwide 4 times per hour on every campus
- Artist's music will be featured alongside today’s biggest music stars

ARTIST SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:

- $1.99 per song so pick the song you want promoted to this audience (colleges & universities)
- Audio submissions only
- Each selected artist may submit a video upon being chosen for the ReverbNation Spotlight however it is not necessary because SHMEK-U will produce a video at no cost for the selected artist if necessary

The Submission Fee to SHMEK-U is $1.99/song.

Learn More »

Thank you,
Reverb Live Team

Submission requires a free ReverbNation account and active subscription to ReverbNation Press Kits.

"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Interesting opportunity from ReverbNation -- which song should I submit?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
"Access is denied for this album" for Errorstorm and Ravager.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Now you know what I get all the time with links to the Album.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »
That's strange, a direct link to the song should still work.
Oh well, I'll make the album public till this is finished -- just promise not to peek at anything else!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:11:42 PM »
So... now that no one has voted at all and it's pretty much time for me to submit...
I'll decide myself, with some different help.  If you want, you can make a new poll that will actually get votes.  Kind of pointless to keep this one up after I'll already have submitted.

Thanks anyway though.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
Music isn't really my thing, sorry. At least not this kind of music, and not in a critical sort of way.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 06:30:03 AM »
I couldn't decide on one to vote for, and am not a music expert either, so...  :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets