Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is dead  (Read 30454 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
Please!  I am glad we are rid of Osama but as others have said I won't celebrate his death. But in 2012, I will celebrate being rid of one of the five worst presidents we have ever had.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
x2.

I hope the health care bill gets repealed. It only sounds good if you're not in the health care industry.  :-\
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »
It only sound good if you are as ignorant about it's content as the politicians who signed it into law.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
who knows about 2012. I just know my stomach sank in 2008.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Yes, let's elect a republican instead so we can lower taxes to the point of bankrupting us like the last one did, while not significantly lowering spending. I hate to break it to you all, but the big picture is not about a few grand that people with jobs pay in income tax. It's about those without jobs. Those without jobs don't see any benefit from lowering taxes because they have nothing to tax in the first place.

Did we really just make this political? :/

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »
Think about each one at a time.

Higher debt
Prices going up
No increase in wages

where do you think that leads us?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »
Higher debt: How does lowering taxes help that?
Prices going up: That's not really Obama's fault
No increase in wages: I'd rather see more jobs than see higher wages. Think big picture, here. Ideally, we could have both, but it's hard enough to get a job as it is, raising minimum wage won't help.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
I just heard that Osama used his wife as a human shield. She was shot in the leg and survived.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
I just think we need one - just one - economist in Washington. :P

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
I just think we need one - just one - economist in Washington. :P
So infinitely more the number we currently have?

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
Infinitely more than the number we could hope to have, at this rate.  :P

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »
I just heard that Osama used his wife as a human shield. She was shot in the leg and survived.
Updated information shows that appears to be correct.  She did in fact live and was only injured in the leg.  The word is that she was a wife of Osama.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:19:29 AM by TechPro »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:23 AM »
Higher debt: How does lowering taxes help that?
Prices going up: That's not really Obama's fault
No increase in wages: I'd rather see more jobs than see higher wages. Think big picture, here. Ideally, we could have both, but it's hard enough to get a job as it is, raising minimum wage won't help.

Lower taxes generally leads to more revenue as people are able to put that money back into the economy, by investing, hiring more employees, etc. As far as higher prices goes, Obama's policies have contributed greatly but no, he is not solely to blame. It is just that instead of helping, he made it worse. The die was cast before he came to office, but he played the hand dealt to him poorly.

There is not really a choice to be made between higher paying jobs or more jobs, the two go hand in hand. They are virtually the same thing, as far as any discussion of economy goes. If you reduce the economies ability to grow, you are also reducing wages and the number of jobs available. The only way to allow the economy to grow is to give those who invest in the economy a reason and the capital to do so. However you feel about giving free money to the poor, they will not invest in the economy, they will spend the money on food, rent, and other expenditures. I am not saying that is a bad thing, I don't want people living in the streets or starving, but I want people to understand the difference between investing and spending. Most wealthy people invest the bulk of the portion of their income which is not taken by taxation, which is what drives good economy. Poor people spend money, some of which is taken from other people by taxation. Generally even the working poor have little left for investing once the necessities like food, rent and beer, are covered.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
pretty much, yeah.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 07:07:36 AM »
Oogh...I hate politics for this very reason. Seems no matter what you do, you're doomed to cause some kind of trouble either way.

But I will admit our current batch of politians aren't at ALL helping. At the moment, I'm not happy with ANY of the political parties, not Democrates, not Republicans, not anybody.

I'm a political party all of my own. The "We-prefer-to-be-ignorant-party". Sometimes I seriously think I'm better off that way. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets