Author Topic: Count doesn't go up in testing, hey?  (Read 3293 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Count doesn't go up in testing, hey?
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
I noticed I was at 98 count, but wanted to test out the buttons when writing out a topic. It's still at 98. That's fine. I'm sure very soon, I'll break 100. I sort of find that odd, but I guess it makes sense. Testing is testing.

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Re: Count doesn't go up in testing, hey?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
Curious. Didn't know that in the testing zone posts doesn't counts. I've just checked and you're right.
But yeah, I agree it makes sense indeed. Who needs to count useless test posts anyway? :P
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
yeah, it's like testing before the official thing or whatever, I dont know how to explain it. but I think you know what I mean. It's sort of like the sample questions in a test that give you the answer. maybe that's a worse way to explain it.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »
Also means that all of those silly posts we all usually make during or after someone's tested something don't count either, which is probably a good thing in the long run. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »
none of these "oh, i think I'll just test this out, and, hmm, I suppose a signature at the bottom. hit post, that doesn't look good, let me try this"

all along thinking your count goes up

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
Also means that all of those silly posts we all usually make during or after someone's tested something don't count either, which is probably a good thing in the long run. :P

+1

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:57 PM »
Quote from: Myself

...I mean, seriously, we've had a history of doing some pretty silly and, dare I say it, stupid things in the testing section for no good reason other than to hijack threads.

Kind of like what we're doing now. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets