Author Topic: Thanks for today  (Read 3082 times)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Thanks for today
« on: November 25, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
With today in mind (November 24, 2010, Thanksgiving Day), David Reddick (a professional cartoonist) gave the world this little something he made for his 'The Trek Life' webcomic some years ago for CBS/Startrek.com. Enjoy.

While you're enjoying your Thanksgiving Day activities, whatever they may be.  I hope you are remembering to thank others.  Everyday, each and everyone of us are the beneficiaries of the actions of others.  From the high, wealthy, and privileged down to the lowliest, most down trodden, all are the recipients of the efforts of others.  As we survey the world around us, we may find much that is unpleasant, troublesome, and loathesome yet at the same time each of us can always find much to be thankful for.  Perhaps it is something that was received in a time of need, perhaps the surroundings you have the benefit of enjoying, or perhaps just the unexpected smile of a passerby. 

Whatever it may be, on this day, please, look around and consider all you see and feel from the great to the small, and let us all be thankful.

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
Re: Thanks for today
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »
Well, even if on my country we don't celebrate Thanksgiving day, it's nowadays some nice thoughts you put here.

Very nicely said.
Now that we are on it, I thank you for such a nice post ;)
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets