Author Topic: Dallas Scripting: How do I make the compiler for D3edit work on Windows 10?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
I know it's been a long time since I posted here.  (I rarely post on forums but I normally lurk nowadays)  I have one question:  How do I make Dallas Scripting for D3 to make it function and compile?  I'm on Windows 10 64 bits and D3 Edit works like a charm on Win10 64 bits, BTW.  I do have the EGS-1.1.2 zip extracted and the D3-SDK zip (also) extracted.  I want to get back to D3 Level building it's been a long damn time since I used it.
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Arne

• Silver
Do you get 'gcc.exe not found in your path' message when you use Script Compile?
The sdk might not be able to handle long path values which are common nowadays. You can try to start the editor from a command prompt where you reset the path to a short version before starting the editor:
path c:\egcs-1.1.2\bin
c:\games\descent3\editor\d3edit

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Here's the message that I got:
cc1plus.exe: warning: unrecognised gcc debugging option: i
cc1plus.exe: Invalid option `-f'
osiris_vector.h: In function `void vm_MakeRandomVector(struct vector *)':
In file included from dallasfuncs.cpp:27:
osiris_vector.h:1267: `RAND_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
osiris_vector.h:1267: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
osiris_vector.h:1267: for each function it appears in.)
osiris_vector.h:1268: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
gcc.exe: 3: No such file or directory
gcc.exe: c7: No such file or directory

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out through this-
http://www.dateiliste.com/en/descent-3/72-descent-3-level-and-mission-editor-d3edit/539-d3edit-and-gcc-compiler.html

Thanks, anyways!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 06:54:16 PM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Hunter

• Gold
  • Sectorgame
    • Sectorgame
Welcome back  ;D For a while I thought I was the only one left with a working production environment for D3 levels. But I use an XP virtual machine, it's so much easier (and portable!) when dealing with D3Edit and D3 related modding tools. Everything just works on XP, and when I combine it with Linux Wine which allows D3 to run a in a window I can develop+test in the same instance. It's made the process SO much smoother.  I haven't opened it up for a few months now, but I'm sure eventually I'll do something more if people want it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:39:31 PM by Hunter »
Sectorgame.com - Descent and Freespace mods/levels.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets