Author Topic: New Here  (Read 6605 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: New Here
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
Welcome. This is a guide to help getting to D3 multiplayer games using Vortex.
http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php/topic,337.0.html
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
My wonder is why this community in particular gets so political.  My best answer is that we have a good distribution of people from all parts of the political spectrum.
I wasn't trying to say anything about which side is better, simply that I'm unsure how the only people on my friends list who are outspoken about politics and end up in 30-comment political arguments (Since the word I really want to use would get me banned...) are republicans. Any democrats on my friends list stay stubbornly quiet.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »
My wonder is why this community in particular gets so political.  My best answer is that we have a good distribution of people from all parts of the political spectrum.
I wasn't trying to say anything about which side is better, simply that I'm unsure how the only people on my friends list who are outspoken about politics and end up in 30-comment political arguments (Since the word I really want to use would get me banned...) are republicans. Any democrats on my friends list stay stubbornly quiet.

just the way it is. Even so by location. My old home town has democrat signs all over. some areas, yes, all over. Every yard has a few it seems. Where I am now, a lot for the republicans. It's whatever is majority that will speak more I guess,

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »
The place I live at has a LOOOOOONG history of being Republican, so much so that, while there certainly are still Democrats around, you don't here much about them in this area.

Not that it makes much difference to me. Though I tend to favor Republican at times when voting, I don't particularly care for any of the political parties (100% at least), so much so that at times I'll jokingly consider myself part of the "Ignorant" party. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 06:36:53 AM »
I wasn't trying to imply that you were saying anything about which side was better.  It was just an observation.  I wasn't even trying to imply that much of your friends list is from this community.
And this is how Rawmotion finds out about the big shameful secret of this community... no forum thread can stay on topic for more than a page.
We should change the subject again before someone (it could be me, it could be you!) makes a seemingly innocuous political comment that starts a huge flame war.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:38:55 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »
Which reminds me. I still need to install D3 on this laptop of mine...
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
I wasn't trying to imply that you were saying anything about which side was better.  It was just an observation.  I wasn't even trying to imply that much of your friends list is from this community.
And this is how Rawmotion finds out about the big shameful secret of this community... no forum thread can stay on topic for more than a page.
We should change the subject again before someone (it could be me, it could be you!) makes a seemingly innocuous political comment that starts a huge flame war.
Find me a forum that isn't like that :P

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
Maniaplanet.  The guys at Nadeo don't even need to remake or split the important sticky threads.  Ever.  Or at least till I start posting in them.  Though there was this memorable time I made an offhand joke in a thread about some bug with environment mods during the Trackmania2 Canyon beta and the entire thread derailed to people discussing how crazy I am.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:26:59 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 05:58:46 AM »
FanFiction.Net has a series of forums that, in my experience, stay relatively on topic at all times. But then again, the forums are not a high point at FF.Net.
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets