Author Topic: George Lucas makes more changes to the StarWars films on BluRay  (Read 29263 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: George Lucas makes more changes to the StarWars films on BluRay
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:31 PM »
I might as well pack up too.

Crash

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 01:26:27 AM »
The new (2004-9) or whatever BSG was fantastic.
I was watching a documentary about Stalin in WW2 last night on BBC FOUR. I was absolutely gobsmacked when they had music from the new BSG playing in the background to set the mood.
Apparently BBC America bought the rights to the new BSG series. That presumably accounts, to some extent, for its use.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:27 AM »
@ IHateHackers: Before you panic, part of the reason I haven't watched it (the new series) is because I don't get the channels it airs on, and since I haven't seen an episode and know what the show's like, I'm hesitant to hunt it down on the web.

The old, classic, BSG series is another story though. Reruns of that air every now and then, but I have a hard time watching it and keeping a straight face at the same time, so I don't watch it much. Usually what I see of it is from channel-surfing.

It gets worse, though, because BSG isn't the only major sci-fi series I haven't watched. I've also never seen an episode of Doctor Who in my life, for the same reasons I haven't seen the new BSG.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
BSG had too much sex in it.
Stop sleeping with the damn robots when you know they are a robot. You can't fully trust them. Most of them are out to kill you. Kill them. Dogfight against them.
Stop sleeping with that crew member, she's probably sleeping with someone else and has got AIDS. Move on with your life. Get your ass to Earth.

The original BSG was kinda ok, but it does cause a lot of facepalms.

Caprica actually put me to sleep.

Scyphi, there is no way that Doctor Who can possibly be compared to the new BSG. It's all about fun, but it runs deep with trust between the people that are on the show. Plot devices occur all the time, and surprisingly, consistancy is rock solid. There are never any boring politics because the Doctor is always there to say something completely rediculous and silly, but entirely true.

Actually, Doctor who is one of the few sci-fi shows that my dad will actually watch that has out of this world things in it :P

The new Doctor officially made bow ties and fezzes cool again :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:13:28 PM by Omega »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2011, 11:53:54 PM »
I only watched a few episodes on network television, I got the rest from my trusty local library. Sadly, I think it was you that told me your library sucks.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »
Quote from: Omega

That right there doesn't make me too inclined to watch it. Sorry IHateHackers.  :(

Scyphi, there is no way that Doctor Who can possibly be compared to the new BSG.

Heaven forbid if I accidentally made you think I was comparing the two! That was not intentional at all, even I can see the two are in two completely separate ballparks. The only reason I even brought it up at all was...actually for two reasons.  ::) First reason was because the biggest reason I hadn't watched it is because none of the channels I get carry it, an issue I also faced with BSG (the only comparison I was making). Second reason was because I figured the reaction might be interesting to see if everybody learned I hadn't seen any of Doctor Who, something like the reaction IHateHackers gave when he learned I hadn't been following BSG.

Actually, since we're on the subject, my interest has been sparked in Doctor Who, and I've been thinking about looking more into it, and see what I think of it. The problem is knowing where to start watching (surely not at the very beginning?).

Quote from: IHateHackers
Sadly, I think it was you that told me your library sucks.

I didn't say it sucked, I said it was small, and that's not entirely the library's fault. They've recently expanded though (yay!) but because the expansion is still pretty recent, I'm sure they're still working on making use of the extra space...and I'm sure they're hesitant to go filling it up too quickly (at least I certainly hope so).
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »
I started watching Dr Who a few weeks ago (starting with borrowing several entire seasons from my uncle :P).  I expected to like it but I was still surprised by how much I did.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:23:55 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »

That right there doesn't make me too inclined to watch it. Sorry IHateHackers.  :(
Pffft. I think that's a gross exaggeration. It's certainly no worse than any other modern sci-fi (SGU, anyone?). Come to think of it, sci-fi and sex have always been in a relationship, right back to Captain Kirk (though perhaps not quite so shamelessly as BSG... BSG is about as shameless as they come, and not just with that)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2011, 10:18:54 PM »
SGU just had it every once in a while with one or two people and it actually tied into the story a little better. Chloie slept with Scott, but it was Eli who was seriously the best for her. He was stuck in the "just friends" area, a chip on his shoulder. But even so, he did a lot for her which proved that he had a strong character.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
Agreed with everything you just said, Omega. :D

Furthermore, the sex content of SGU, I noticed, was going down towards it's end.

Besides, sex a good movie/novel/story does not make IMO.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »
Agreed with everything you just said, Omega. :D

Furthermore, the sex content of SGU, I noticed, was going down towards it's end.

Besides, sex a good movie/novel/story does not make IMO.
True, but I don't think a bad story it makes either. I don't particularly care for it, but it doesn't ruin it for me either.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
Really depends on how good the writer writes it. Or in the case of a movie, the writer director and actors.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
To be perfectly honest, I don't really see why any work needs any sex at all. Most to nearly all of these works would work just as well without it. As I see it, the only reason it's there at all is for the sensuality and nothing more.

But that's my viewpoint about it. Obviously, not everyone agrees with that.
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2011, 06:38:59 AM »
I agree with both actually; the need or no need for sex. Obviously, in some adult film/entertainment, you need it, but in most films, you probably don't need it at all. It some cases, it's simply a distraction, or just plain stupid. Think Titanic and the girls name, Rose. That painting scene, or in the car.
But there are such films like Clockwork Orange that in a sense, needed some of that.
Another, not fond of language, f you this, and f you that, and b words, and other words. bleh. here and there, okay, too much, and it's just too much.
"Harry Brown" with Michael Caine, needed that. It was very fitting.
those are the few films, more so with Harry Brown, that if you didn't have it, it'd be very silly.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets