Author Topic: 25 years of The Transformers: The Movie  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
25 years of The Transformers: The Movie
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:11:39 PM »
this thread is about the 1986 animated movie, not the live action movie trilogy from Michael Bay.  Anyways, today is the 25th anniversary of The Transformers: The Movie.
Here's the clip from the movie:

I was -3 when it came out (I wasn't born back then)
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Greyryder

• Silver
Re: 25 years of The Transformers: The Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
I remember when it came out. I couldn't wait to see all my favorite Autobots and Decepticons up on the big screen, for an entire movie.

So much for that idea....

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
I was roughly +4 years of age. Never was big on Transformers. Although I'd like to say I saw some though. I guess whatever I found on t.v.

I guess what I found was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Dark Wing Duck; Chip & Dale (the clean cartoon one ;)), Duck Tales; Tailspin. probably a few others, Heathcliff on occasion.
there was some other one; barn living. a pig; a duck; few others I am sure, little chicks.
I only remember the one episode where I think it was the duck that went all crazy because the tag was removed from the mattress.
I don't know if this was part of Garfield and Friends or not.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
You're thinking of U.S. Acres which was later combined in Garfield and Friends.  Both original comics were creations by Jim Davis.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:14 AM »
thank you. you're good.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
Not really, I just used to watch it.  In those days, Garfield was still funny and U.S. Acres was just more of that brand of humor.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:43:24 AM »
you seem to have an answer to just about every question I throw out there.

If you know how to get 'Solarwolf' to run on the iMac, i would personally crown you king.
They say it's available for mac, but maybe the older version/edition of mac.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:47 AM »
I remember Garfield and Friends, I used to be up at the crack of dawn to watch that and many other shows on Saturday mornings.

Man, have times changed. Now I could care less about what airs on TV during Saturday mornings. All the shows have gotten lame.  :'(
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:45:22 AM »
I don't really even care to watch tv anymore. year or two ago, it use to be some things on TruTV, some on I think History or Discovery. I just knew the channel, that or channel surfing.
Use to record americas funniest videos.

now; just Jay Leno. That's it. nothing else.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:09:49 AM »
TV these days isn't very great, but I'll sit down and watch an episode of some show or two here and there. For a while, Star Trek: TOS was available on one of those channels that shows old tv shows but it got removed from the lineup, but there's still several episodes of TNG a night, which I'll watch, and Syfy likes their star trek movie marathons. Modern cartoons suck, but every once in a while they'll show episodes of the old good cartoons. I kinda miss Garfield and Friends after all these years, somehow the CG Garfield show just isn't doing it for me.

Crash

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
Apparently SyFy has gone down the plughole. They say it's all wrestling and 'reality' 'paranormal investigator' shows.
I can't say myself because I don't have Sky or Cable but they've canned their fair share of great sci-fis. Farscape for instance and Firefly are the two that spring to mind. Some people would complain about them axeing StarGate SG1 etc but I don't think that much of a tragedy.

TNG is a cracking series because it does away with so much BS. There's hardly any romance or even friendship between the crew. It's just a question of "here we have this massive problem and a big, shiny ship. Now how are we gonna go and solve it this week?". If they coulda done without Wesley and Troi it would have been perfect.
I gather that's coming out on BluRay next year because they're redoing all the effects in CGI because the post-production was only done on low-resolution videotape. That's why the first seasons look so ghastly on a modern big TV.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 12:55:43 PM »
I googled TNG, I got Star Trek: The New Generation.

I remember my dad buying this two episode DVD; one being "Nomad". That was good. I believe that's more of the original and not this TNG.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
Apparently SyFy has gone down the plughole. They say it's all wrestling and 'reality' 'paranormal investigator' shows.
Yes, this is quite true. I only watch the channel because every once in a while they'll show something actually interesting, like a Star Trek movie marathon and as I recall, Doctor Who reruns. Other than that, I don't bother with SyFy anymore.

Yeah, TNG is Star Trek: The Next Generation. While I watch TOS more (mostly because every episode of TOS (except The Cage) is legally viewable online thanks to CBS), TNG is still a decent show.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:16:40 PM by InsanityBringer »

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 01:23:18 PM »
I think it was because my uncle was over; but we saw a few minutes of wrestling. All I can remember is this father (im assuming) talking to his wife; and his son was with him. it was like some soap opera.

I don't get into wrestling. but let's keep guy shows the same; guy shows. keep girl shows the same.
but I guess some guys get into that. I know someone that does, and that Tyra Banks also.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »
I don't get into wrestling. but let's keep guy shows the same; guy shows. keep girl shows the same.
but I guess some guys get into that. I know someone that does, and that Tyra Banks also.
That's not sexist at all.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets