Author Topic: Anyone know what the kids were playing on tv in "The Town"?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
My girl friend and I saw the movie "The Town", and later both agreed to fast forward this movie to 1.5 the speed. At one point, I'd like to say, middle or middle-to-end of the movie, I could see some people playing some video game. By the time I could see what was on the screen, it was gone. A note, this was at 1.5 speed again. I asked "I wonder if that was Call of Duty or not.". she said, "let's just say it was, because I'm not rewinding it."
I was okay with it, but sort of curious about it.
Anyone own it, or know what game was playing on tv? The gun looked like a P90 or something with a scope (red dot maybe). Happened too fast to know for sure.

Offline Canceler

• Silver
  • reee!
    • visit my plebsite
Re: Anyone know what the kids were playing on tv in "The Town"?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
why would you watch a movie at x1.5 ._.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
Boredom, maybe? Maybe they didn't like the movie. :P

For me it's not so odd. I remember one memorable Saturday in which members of my family, after having watched Disney's "Brother Bear" for the umpteenth time, watched through it again at various playback speeds. We watched it both fast and slow, and in slow rewind, too (not the whole way, though). Actually had fun catching all these little things you wouldn't typically notice playing the movie at normal speed.

Of course, that wasn't long after we got our first DVD player, and we thought it cool you could play movies at all these different speeds instead of the usual "normal," "fast-forward," and "rewind" of a VCR. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
it was boring both of us, so at some point, we saw it at 1.5 the speed. It didn't' do much for any of us.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets