Author Topic: 1337  (Read 27797 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: 1337
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
Hmm...maybe if I could borrow the files for a little bit, I think I might be able to fix the transparency issue in Photoshop.

Also think they stand a little cleaning up here and there, and maybe either a different font or a slightly bigger one.

Speaking of font, I do have a Descent font on my computer. Maybe while I'm borrowing them to fix the transparencies, I can try the Descent font on them and see how it works. If it's no good, I'll change them back.

Other than, though, they look good. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
Cool! Thanks! Well, I don't know how to zip stuff, but can I email the files to you? They're really small.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 06:49:32 PM »
Can you send the files through a private message? That might be easier for me.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:19 PM »
Sure! Hang on a sec.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »
Okay, while I'm trying to figure out how to send these files to Scyphi, here's EVERY badge completed. I lined them up in the order of what I think should be the rank and number of posts needed to achieve that rank. Hope the rest of you like them!

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »
LOL how could I forget this last one... this is what started this all...

Use this EXCLUSIVELY when you reach that number of posts!  ;D

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »
Seems you had transparency when you saved them on the blue background, I wonder if attaching them to the post knocked off the transparency.

Anyway, you might be able to zip them by right clicking and choose send to > compressed folder, at least that is what it is on mine (windows xp). Or use 7-zip.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:41 PM »
Unfortunately, that was just one file with all of them clumped together with a blue background.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »
Ok, here's a try. This should be each individual badge and icon of each robot I made.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2011, 04:58:01 AM »
I have never used Photoshop, but there could be an option to preserve the alpha channel when saving as .png. Perhaps you need to export instead of save, or maybe you just need to turn off the background layer before saving.

If you send me your layered .psd, I can open it with Gimp and save them with transparency.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »
Um, I downloaded the zip, and I think I've already figured out what the problem is, or maybe some factor in it. They're all labelled as .png files initially, but every time I go to open a pic in a viewer I get errors. Photoshop absolutely refuses to open them, and Irfanview claims that despite the file extension being .png, they're really supposed to be .bmp and wants to change the extension to .bmp.

Since I don't think .bmp support transparencies, I think this might be the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem?

If this is the issue, then I think I can still fix them, I would just need to change them all to .bmps, change them, then save them again in the needed file format. FYI, Photoshop is capable of saving transparencies in file formats other than .psd last time I checked. :)
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop. I should! Oh, I'd have SO much fun with that thing! I did these in MS-Paint with meticulous pixel correcting at the 8x zoom level, and I thought they are png files. That's what I thought I saved them as. (I had to TYPE IN the ".png" so maybe that corrupted it.) So do you want me to go back and save them as bmp files so photoshop can at least recognize them?

Offline Wraith-1

• Silver
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
@ Alieo,

Have you ever heard of gimp? We have photoshop, but I generally use this instead-
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

plus it's also free  :P

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop. I should! Oh, I'd have SO much fun with that thing! I did these in MS-Paint with meticulous pixel correcting at the 8x zoom level, and I thought they are png files. That's what I thought I saved them as. (I had to TYPE IN the ".png" so maybe that corrupted it.) So do you want me to go back and save them as bmp files so photoshop can at least recognize them?

Ah! That explains a lot, IF MS-Paint doesn't support .png, then you don't get .png by saving with a different extension. For some reason I thought you said you were using Photoshop, my mistake.

Anyway, I really like the design, and Gimp is free, but not all that easy to use, compared to MS-Paint. However, I do recommend you get the Gimp, and learn how to use it, I know you'll love it and have a lot of fun with it. And if you save these in MS-Paint someone should be able to open them in Gimp, or Photoshop, and change the white to transparency. Although, it would be better to start over and build a layered file, it makes edits so much easier.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
MS Paint supports PNG (though it doesn't support saving transparency). You just have to pick it from the "save as type" box. Extensions are really meaningless when it comes to file formats and really only serve as an assistant to determine what should try to open what.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets