Author Topic: D2X-XL has turned 7!  (Read 2351 times)

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
D2X-XL has turned 7!
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
Some time around these weeks seven years ago, I have started with the humble beginnings of what has grown into D2X-XL.

We're still at v1.15 since the last anniversary, but nevertheless lots of good things have happened, like the DLE-XP overhaul, multiplayer finally being fixed for good, performance bottlenecks having been removed, and multiple ship support as well as new effects (glow, shockwaves) having been added. If you read the v1.15 version history your main impression will be a long list of "fixed, fixed, fixed, improved, fixed, fixed ..." comments, telling that the majority of changes were bug fixes and improvements, meaning a considerably more stable program today than a year ago. :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:23:26 AM by karx-elf-erx »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: D2X-XL has turned 7!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »
If this was FaceBook, a simple thumbs up would be in order here... but since I must comment...

*THUMBS UP*

Love the project! It has rejuvenated my all-time favorite game. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »
If this was FaceBook, a simple thumbs up would be in order here...

You could give Diedel a powerup. I personally never cared for the things, but if it's a thumps-up you're looking for, that would be the closest thing to it that we've got. :P

Totally off topic, but I'm realizing that I've somehow gathered 51 powerups since I last glanced at the counter. When did this happen? :P

Gee, D2X-XL's seven now? Good grief, has it been that long already? :o
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
There! I made him 8... Didn't know I had 3!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets