Author Topic: 311  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
Has anyone here ever heard of the band 311? They are a truly original rock group comprised of alternative rock, reggae fusion, rap rock, funk rock and ska punk. Formed in 1988 by a group of friends attending Westside Highschool in Omaha, Nebraska, I did not discover their wonderful talents until 2001. The band consists of Chad Sexton on drums and percussion, Nick Hexum on vocals and guitar, P-Nut on bass, Tim Mahoney on guitar, and SA Martinez on vocals and DJ scratches. They named themselves after the police code in Omaha, NE for "indecent exposure" after the original guitarist for the band was arrested for streaking.

The reason I bring them up is because today is 311 day. Heck, it's 311 MONTH! And earlier this month they took over a Carnival cruse ship and traveled to the Caribbean Sea, performing shows on the way. I wish I had been there for that! If you have never heard of 311 before, I suggest you check them out. They are one of my favorite bands of all time.  Just go to www.311.com and they stream music from their home page. The VERY first song I've ever heard by them in 2001 was "Do You Right." I hope you like what you hear. Their songs convey a positive message. They are not your typical doom and gloom band. Enjoy! And Happy 311 Day! ...and month!

EDIT: Grammar edit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:46:12 PM by Alieo »
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: 311
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »
Yeah, not bad.  IIRC, there is some free live tapings of them you can download from the Internet Archives.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets