Author Topic: Space Shuttle Launch Live  (Read 13175 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Space Shuttle Launch Live
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
Bottom line... there is a revolutionary solution out there. There are things people are trying to invent for the greater good of humanity that big oil is shutting down. I believe the puzzle pieces are out there... they just have to be put together... BEHIND big oil's backs.

We could do it!  We're so small and obscure that the big oil companies will never... notice... (turns up dead the next morning).

And I can't believe we turned this into an E&C thread (though to be fair, that's partly my fault, and it does feel more respectful).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:02:19 PM by wazzazzle »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
SO! How about them shuttles? Will I be seeing anyone there for Endeavor's final launch next month?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:26 PM »
I think I'll be there. Schedule is a bit crazy, though.
And no, this derail was my fault  :o
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:51:23 PM by Omega »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 06:21:40 AM »
Not much chance of me seeing any shuttles launch on anything but the TV, I'm afraid, and I might not even be able to do that. :-\
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »
@Omega: Where do you plan to view the launch from? I'm hoping to get into the Kennedy Space Center itself, but I had to register for an "opportunity" to buy tickets from the Kennedy Space Center. That window is only open from 3/2/11-3/9/11, and random people will be selected for that "opportunity" to buy tickets. If I don't get selected I'm probably going to look into Jetty Park, but Kennedy Space Center better send me a confirmation soon. I know a lot of hotspots are probably going to be sold out fast!

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
My father-in-law wants to go down there to see the launch.  I hope he gets the chance.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
@Omega: Where do you plan to view the launch from? I'm hoping to get into the Kennedy Space Center itself, but I had to register for an "opportunity" to buy tickets from the Kennedy Space Center. That window is only open from 3/2/11-3/9/11, and random people will be selected for that "opportunity" to buy tickets. If I don't get selected I'm probably going to look into Jetty Park, but Kennedy Space Center better send me a confirmation soon. I know a lot of hotspots are probably going to be sold out fast!

I just go across the water to Titusville. It's kinda crowded, though.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:33 PM »
@Omega: ACK! Don't wanna hear the screaming babies!!!

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2011, 06:01:48 AM »
There are few sounds in this world that are worse torture than listening to someone's baby screaming.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2011, 06:43:36 AM »
Very true.  Unfortunately that's what happens on public transit ::).  Sometimes I switch busses (as long as the next one isn't coming half an hour later -- I'm looking at you, Route 20!)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets