Author Topic: Space Shuttle Launch Live  (Read 13171 times)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Space Shuttle Launch Live
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:04 PM »
 :o You betray the Earth.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »
How do I betray it?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 04:24:12 PM »
Drilling for oil!  :o

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 06:49:27 PM »
It could be worse.

You could be defying all sense of reality by drilling for mana

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Ok, so today when I went to go get 14 gallons of gas, it blasted $50 dollars out of my wallet. The Saudis keep raising their prices everytime a house fly flies past their front gate. When the US has its own drills, we can supply ourselves and then the Saudis will get screwed over because people are going to invest in our oil. Our prices will not jump the shark because there is a law that prevents that (and it is SUPPOSED to be affecting Saudi Arabia, but the US and the UN are too lazy to do anything). Not to mention that we get more jobs building the drills, building refineries, and running the things.

And most definately forget about the bunny huggers out in Alaska. All that's up there are a couple of brush pilots who get out of their airplanes every once in a while to go shoot a moose.

I'd also raise regular minimum wage by 50% and reduce government minimum wage, especially after the event where some lazy guys in congress almost literally stole the money by passing some bill that raised their minimum wage.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
...And most definately forget about the bunny huggers out in Alaska.

What about the bunnies themselves?
I am for animal rights you know...
In any case I know your opinion is different and respect that whatever I say won't change it (or it shouldn't).
I'm still mad at BP though and any mention of oil drilling...
Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:41:26 PM by wazzazzle »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 05:59:47 AM »
A better solution for the high gas prices would be to develop a means of transportation that doesn't use gas IMO, then who cares about how much it costs? :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 07:43:50 AM »
Obama wants cap and trade. I think a lot that has happened is his way to push his own agenda through. someone said "never let a good crisis go to waste."

I don't believe we should just be sloppy with such things like drilling just anywhere, and destroying nature, and the animals homes, etc. but I am all for good selected areas. Before the gas went up, I had to put $80 dollars worth of gas in my truck, every week, and I mainly just go to work and back home. I imagine now, it could be $100.

The only problem, that I know of anyway with what you said Alieo, is you'd vote for anyone but Obama. I believe a lot feel that way, like me (only thing is, I didn't vote for him), but some may just vote for anyone else, and that anyone could be worse.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »
It's all about BIG OIL and BIG MONEY. The oil companies totally run every government in the world. A guy went public about a water powered automobile in 1988 by the name of Stan Myers. He was invited to the Pentagon for dinner to discuss his invention and was apparently poisoned because he keeled over in the parking lot. There was never any big news story about him being killed. Why? Because BIG OIL controls all governments, and I don't care if this is a "free" country, they vastly control the media. That's why I get mad when I see hybrids. They're half-assed designs of something that has already been invented. The only way I see big oil getting brought down is if ALL oil gets burned up. Then what? Apocalypse? NO! Some jack wad will say "HEY LOOK! THIS ENGINE CAN RUN ON WATER! HAR HAR HAR!" Idiots! Look, I'm not a whack-job conspiracy theorist, but I'm not stupid. Something larger is at work here.

Look at this:

@Vanguard: Well, true is the statement, "better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't know." I just don't feel like feeding his "own agenda" anymore. He needs to go. I want our space program back! Hmm... imagine a water powered rocket. Hehehe!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
Agree with Alter-fox (regarding animal rights) and with Alieo.
What Alieo said makes total sense to me.

I'm not in the USA, but what Alieo says applies to all, and it's indeed a reality on all countries.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:32:26 AM by Pumo »
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 11:00:46 AM »
First of all:

A guy went public about a water powered automobile in 1988 by the name of Stan Myers. He was invited to the Pentagon for dinner to discuss his invention and was apparently poisoned because he keeled over in the parking lot. There was never any big news story about him being killed.

I'm sorry, Alieo, but Myers' "water-fueled-car" was a hoax (it defies physics, it has never been reproduced outside of shaky YouTube videos, it's easy to demonstrate how he pulled off the fakes, but most importantly there is tons of documentation about how he was profiting from sales of units which never worked).  

The rumors about his death are being played up by others who are continuing to profit from sales and donations based on "free energy" marketing.  Note that do-it-yourself-kits for water-fuel are all over the internet, all of which are being sold for profit, and NONE of which have ever been shown to work.  

Seriously, go check out the claims by people who say they've gotten water-fueled cars to work.  I have.  When you ask them to demonstrate it, they'll either give you a video, try to $ell you a kit, or give one of the following answers:
1. "I would, but <organization or government> shut me down / broke my car!"
2. "I can't, they'd kill me!"
3. "Well, it WAS working, but <something about air pressure, calibration, or other techno-sounding excuse>."

None of them have EVER been able to reproduce a working "water-fuel" cell, except in marketing videos.

[Note that I'm not disputing any claims about "big oil", because some of those statements have truth to them.  I'm only disputing the claims about "water fuel cells", which are absolute fraud.]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:29:58 PM by Foil »

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
Well yeah, in that part Foil is right.
I totally agree with Alieo in what he said about the 'Big Oil', but yeah, the water-cell powered vehicles stuff is doubtful at best (I skipped that part :P ).

But there are also the ethanol and solar-cell alternatives, more credible than the water cell thing, that the 'Big Oil' ppl don't like at all.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:38:26 AM by Pumo »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »
Bottom line... there is a revolutionary solution out there. There are things people are trying to invent for the greater good of humanity that big oil is shutting down. I believe the puzzle pieces are out there... they just have to be put together... BEHIND big oil's backs.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
Exactly...

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
Here's something I think everyone can agree on, at least this winter, a car that runs on snow  ;D

dumb hybrid cars, smart cars, all fear me on the road :)

It's a nice F250 Super Heavy Duty truck.

"oops, sorry. was that your bumper I hit or half your car?"
man, do I need some evil looking emoticon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:20:23 PM by Vanguard »

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets