Author Topic: Just thought I'd introduce myself.  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Violetta

• Silver
Just thought I'd introduce myself.
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:58:22 AM »
I've been a long time player of Descent and I used to go on PlanetDescent.com, while I never used the forums, I used it or files, news (whenever there was any lol), etc. And then one day it just went poof. And while looking for a new Descent site to go to, I found this one, lol so yep, thats how i found out about you guys

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: Just thought I'd introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 04:35:24 PM »
Welcome to PlanetDescent.net!  :)

Most of us traveled here when .com died.  We don't have links to all the files, but we do have a link to a different listing to the same files.  (Look here)  PlanetDescent.com didn't actually host the files, only provided a thorough listing.  The site mentioned in the thread I linked lists the same files (but may not be as thorough) and is provided by the same person (Do_Checkor) who actually hosted the files for PlanetDescent.com.

Offline Violetta

• Silver
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »
Welcome to PlanetDescent.net!  :)

Most of us traveled here when .com died.  We don't have links to all the files, but we do have a link to a different listing to the same files.  (Look here)  PlanetDescent.com didn't actually host the files, only provided a thorough listing.  The site mentioned in the thread I linked lists the same files (but may not be as thorough) and is provided by the same person (Do_Checkor) who actually hosted the files for PlanetDescent.com.

Alright, thanks.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Wait a second...
I see Spy xgmx!  :o

Proof (in this link, he goes by Solace):
http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=4721 (DON'T you even invade this link, xgmx!)

I can tell that Violetta is actually xgmx judging by his URL in his profile.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:30:09 PM by SapphireWolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
Spy 'round here!

It is easy to tell because he leaves his s*** lying around all over the place.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 03:46:38 AM »
My first hint was that his first thread was about MW2.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:55 AM »
I'm not convinced as of yet, but then again, this wouldn't be the first time I've said that.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
He also had some thread at .com about his girlfriend and that MW2 thread mentioned his GF.

Wasn't he banned at .com twice? And the rule was that you can't make a new name to circumvent a ban. Does this count as a 3rd time because this is everyone's Planet Descent now?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets