Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117392 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:07 PM »
Foil, are you saying the missle and laser and sheild basses don't work?

Not quite yet.  They were due to be finished and working by now, but the developers had to shift their priorities to server performance and lag due to the boom in players.  From what I hear, they should be back to working on city defense functionality soon, so I'd go ahead and leave them there.

Got another question, aren't cities supposed to share resources?  I started one city but it had no ore, so I started two more. But now the third is growing, the other two cannot due to not having the resources.

Cities will import/export to each other, as long as they have a trade connection.  One way to ensure a city is trade-connected is to build a road to it, or a wharf in each city.  But the simplest (and in my opinion, the best) way is to build a Broker and an Airport Terminal.  Those two buildings together will create a trade-connection anywhere in the system (including a moon base, whenever you decide to fly out and build one).

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
Cool!  I thought I had seen something about connecting through a wharf but didn't find it again.  Thanks.  I am almost ready to fly a rocket.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
Hey guyz, how's this for a recruitment post?  8)

http://ptmc.globalgamers.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=242
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2010, 05:59:00 AM »
I'm already a member, but I decided to start my own empire to 'learn the ropes' so to speak. ;)

Anyway:

but remember, we cannot wipe them out completely. Blugwort is a Dev and we cannot capture the capitol of the developers

Seems a little unfair!  They make the rules, then make war with you, then change the rules to their favor?  Makes no sense at all.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2010, 06:37:13 AM »
NZ misspoke.

There is no rule against capturing a developer's capital.

The developers very good at the game, of course.  However, they will be the first to tell you that they are not giving themselves any type of advantage.  Their capital is just as vulnerable as anyone's.

It's simply that we have an existing semi-truce ("no taking of capital cities") between PTMC and the Bullywugs, effective until city defenses have been completed.  

As Blugwort said, once city defenses are done, it's "open season".  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:41:10 AM by Foil »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2010, 08:32:19 AM »
As Blugwort said, once city defenses are done, it's "open season".  :)
And of course, he has his entire navy 1 jump away from our capital mere days before the release of defenses. That's cool, blugwort. Really cool.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2010, 08:47:35 AM »
Yeah and he wrote in a secret code to deactivate your defenses.  ;)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2010, 09:17:22 AM »
LOL @ WillyP.

Matt, we can do the same.  8)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »
I say we take the system again while they arn't online....again. :P
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:55 AM »
I say we take the system again while they arn't online....again. :P
We STILL need a :lol: emote...

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #280 on: August 22, 2010, 07:20:14 PM »
Today I sailed a sailboat to the north pole.  There's a nice looking island near the north pole, so I got off the sailboat and went exploring.  Then I died.  So I tried flying a rocket, and flew out to find a moon.  I figured I'd practice a little before going to all the trouble of getting everything packed in a crate to start a moon base.  I flew around a bit and saw a planet that had moons and rings, like Saturn.  Nice!  I had seen this planet from my home world.  So I tried to fly to it but it was moving too fast. so I turn around but couldn't catch up with any planet. Then I saw the planet with ring, this time it was coming toward me! Then I died.  The sailboat was more fun.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2010, 06:00:52 AM »
I seem to notice a pattern with these little expeditions of yours, WillyP. :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:53:57 AM by WillyP »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #282 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:50 AM »
Flying a rocket is DIFFICULT, especially compared to flying a starship ("Navigation, take us to Planet X!").

The trick is to watch your acceleration, and use both your rocket brakes frequently, particularly the lateral brakes.  If you're going too fast, it's very easy to pass by the planet you're going for, and then it takes seemingly forever to fight the inertia. 

Braking early and watching your speed meter (it's the number on the left side of the HUD, I think), pays dividends.  Heading toward a planet at full acceleration is fun... until you hit it.  8)

Once you have the moon base (and lumenite and eludium mines) up and running, you can start building starships.  And that's when things get really fun... :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:46:37 AM by Foil »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #283 on: August 23, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »
I seem to notice a pattern with these little expeditions of yours, WillyP. :P
Later today I may go explore the south.  Not sure how far the south pole is, but i am sure it will end with me dying.  ;)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #284 on: August 23, 2010, 11:15:19 AM »
You should have heard about my first time in a rocket. I was testing the JS controls and there was no inverse throttle command yet. I didn't know that having the trottle back was full power, so when I turned on the ship, BRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! OMG! I was lucky that I didn't burn up in the atmosphere! I ended up circling the planet twice and although it didn't matter, I landed back at Terra upright. And I had to do that all without any rudder controls, too! :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets