Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117409 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2010, 09:29:16 AM »
Not sure if it was a bug, exactly, but undesirable behavior. I relized after I posted that it was because I left the doors open. Vacuum got to me. I then tried to get the crew to close the doors, but that didn't help, I think they could not get to them because of the motorbikes. I had that trouble in the other ship and had to try repeatedly to get them to come to me at the door. Also they won't go looking for open doors they just close the door they are closest to.

Anyway, I solved the loop by deleting my character and creating a new one. I don't know if there is a way to retrieve the ship. It was heading towards Port de WillyP so maybe it's there. I am manufacturing a new one.

The ship is manufactured, 'waiting to spawn'. Is there something I have to do to get it to spawn?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:34:30 AM by WillyP »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »
WillyP, you can close all the doors from the Helm console (or at the Captain's chair if you bring up Helm controls).

If a door is open, you'll see a red-highlighted door icon.  Hit the "--> <--" symbol below it.  That will close all the doors on your ship.

[Don't give up on that character so quickly.]

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2010, 09:35:58 AM »
Regarding ship spawning, you may need to move something off the road-slab where it would appear.  If there's a fighter or some other ship there, it won't spawn.

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2010, 11:31:37 AM »
Hey all, I'm super bored this summer so I'm finally downloading Hazeron. I'm looking to join the PTMC empire thing, once I get it installed and everything. This really seems like a promising game, Foil, and I'm happy to say that I'm excited to start playing. :D

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
WillyP, you can close all the doors from the Helm console (or at the Captain's chair if you bring up Helm controls).

If a door is open, you'll see a red-highlighted door icon.  Hit the "--> <--" symbol below it.  That will close all the doors on your ship.

[Don't give up on that character so quickly.]

No, could not do anything, I died seconds after every re-spawn.

And I did move a bike and a fighter, but wasn't sure how much room I needed on the tarmac or wich one it would spawn on.

I made a new character and new Empire. I've got a town square and some mines. An oil well is waiting for the mines to produce stone to finish building.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 12:50:15 PM by WillyP »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »
The mines won't produce anything by themselves (without citizens).  Does your city have some citizens yet?

P.S. A new empire, eh?  I always enjoy seeing new planets... got any screenshots?  :)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »
P.S. If you end up in an airless ship, doing the respawn-suffocate-die-respawn cycle, just "Release Berth" via your F12 dialog.  

That will release you from the ship, so the next time you'll respawn back on the last planet you tied to.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Too many buttons! ;)

I produced some stone from the mine myself. Just hit the labor button repeatedly. I was startled to come back from a foraging expedition to find a character who looked like me standing near the town square. I tried talking to her, but that did not work. Later she disappeared. I think she starved to death. I hadn't built a farm yet but had built housing. That's what I get for not following directions. Mail said 1 citizen starved to death. Bummer!

Man, those Ariel Carnivores are a nightmare! Can't hit those suckas for nothing. When they get after me I end the game and come back in and they are gone. I gave up trying to fight them. Can't even see them, most of the time. They are too quiet!

Pembroke
Pembroke VII, Planet, 12200m dia, M1 II Bright Giant, Habitable zone
County Kerry Sector (312,0,-1)
165.34°W 24.30°N

MORALE
+2 bonus, Citizens enjoy the low income tax rate.
+2 bonus, Citizens enjoy the low sales tax rate.
Morale increased by 4 to 5.

POPULATION
5 people immigrated to this city.
Loyalty is 0%.
Population increased by 5 to 6.

LIVING CONDITIONS
Jobs 19
Non-Construction 19
Construction 0
Homes 20
Apartments 0
Condominiums 0
Farms 8
Houses 8
Orchards 4
Food 80

POWER RESERVE
0% Capacity
Reserve Power 0
Reserve Capacity 180

FACILITIES

Name           TL      Levels
Farm             1       4

House           1       4

Mine             1       5

Orchard         1       2

Road             1       9

Town Square  1      1

Well              1      1

INVENTORY
Storage Capacity Per Commodity 1300

Food and Drinks

Fruit
79 Q234

Construction Materials
Spare Parts and Fuel

Natural Gas
20 Q187
Oil
30 Q240
Stone
404 Q174
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:39:07 PM by WillyP »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
So far so good. Remember, you can use your melee weapons to hit enemies from a mile away ;)

Now put mines on Ore deposites, crystals, minerals and gems. Then build a smelter to smelt the ore into metal. Then use the metal to build power plants. If you also build a mine on a radioactives deposite, you can build a nuclear power generator. Those generators have worked extremely well for me.

Remember to get Textiles too. Those are very important for making a bunch of things including clothing, and flags for bases, as well as other buildings that require fabrics such as condominiums.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:58:44 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2010, 07:13:33 AM »
Very nice!

You're doing better than my first city.  I had farms and orchards and such, so the city had plenty of vegetables/fruit/grains in its inventory... but my citizens kept starving to death!

I couldn't figure out why, until someone asked, "Wait... are your citizens carnivores?"  D'oh!  :P

---------------

P.S. Make sure you keep an eye on your city mail.  As the city grows, your citizens will want parks, police stations, churches, etc.  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:27:31 AM by Foil »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
Oh, also: Once you build a Capital building, set it as your empire's capital.  Your empire will then be seen on the Empire Status List.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:34:13 AM by Foil »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »
The lovely young lady in the picture is Odas. We spent a quiet evening together. She doesn't talk much. I haven't seen her since. She does have some sisters though.

I have been trying to establish another town square were there might be the possibility of making steel, but I dropped my knife in the bushes and can't find it. So every time I play I spend way too much time fighting and losing especially to those subterranean aerial carnivores. I don't even know what weapon I am fighting with, I can't quite make out the icon, and there is nothing on the Hazeron site about combat. I am assuming the number with the icon is the strength of the weapon, but then there are other icon and another number I can't find an explanation for.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2010, 09:33:59 AM »
WillyP, a couple of tips:

No need to establish another town.  Just build a road out to where the ore is, and build a mine there.

Unless you want to spend a whole lot of time fighting, quit fighting

The carnivorous creatures respond to stimuli - if you're moving, making noise, etc, they'll come after you.  If you're sitting still (e.g. up in top-down view, setting your buildings, etc.), you'll be MUCH less bothered. 

And even when you are bothered by a creature, don't worry about it.  Just respawn and keep working on your city.  The bigger your city is, the less chance of creatures wandering in and attacking you.  It's only a big annoyance if you let it become that.

Regarding the numbers, you're probably seeing the 'quality' number.  Every item and material in the game has a 'quality' attached to it, from Q1 (worst) to Q255 (best).  When you start a new character, you have a Q255 knife.  Don't worry about it if you lose it.  Just develop your city so you can get better weapons, armor, etc.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:37:26 AM by Foil »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »
I thought WillyP was in the PTMC?

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets