Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117410 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Okay, I'll try that. brb...
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2010, 02:23:37 PM »
That seems to have fixed it!  8) Thanks!

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2010, 02:55:04 PM »
Ok, next problem. I don't have a mouse wheel. So I can't select an item.

Edit... eh, seems to work anyway. I killed two animals with the torch and ate them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:13:44 PM by WillyP »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
Get a mouse that isn't 10 years old?

I think alt+[ or ] cycles through items.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2010, 05:34:06 AM »
So then I went to the PTMC. The guy who gives the orientation (Targoss?) wanted to start all over again. Twice. Then he wanted to go a third time. So I killed him with a torch or a knife or something, and ate him.  :o

I noticed if I put something in the right belt I can use it as a weapon. Seems kinda odd that putting it in the right hand means I can't use it. The chance and amount of damage to an enemy seems rather random, though.

So I was walking around, looking for some shoes. I had found some minerals, a woven helmet, some metal armor and a few rifles with no ammo. And some clothes! But no shoes. There were a bunch of guys hanging around with no shoes. I killed a few of them and ate them.

After a while I wandered out away from the more heavily constructed are. Then I looked at the top down view. There are some white boxes in a grid layout, and some colored symbols. Sometimes there are things you can pick up where the colored symbols are. Sometimes not. I went to one spot and the ground glowed a golden yellow color. I got killed there and dropped the knife.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2010, 07:10:03 AM »
That knife is ctitical for a while. It is extremely durable and we cannot make another of that element for some time.

Don't kill other citizens. Your social standing will go down (F8).

You don't wear shoes. Try to find a retail store. I forgot what it looks like, but if you click the button with the bulldoser, it brings up the build menu. On that menu, click on the button with the gold coins. At the top of the list presented, one of the buildings says Retail Store when you hover over it. Look for the corresponding icon on the ground, close the menu and head to that. Once you get there, open the comms, go to the Trade comm and ask for crates from the big menu. It opens a channel to the city. Now click the right arrow button next to the comm tabs and get to the comm tab to Terra. Click on it and you will be presented with a bunch of things to buy. Double click on the crate and get one or two. Make sure that in your inventory, you have one of the big slots open for the crate. Then in the Terra channel, ask for Ammo. Only get Rifle ammo. Buy about 30 clips. Then buy Metal Power Armor and Metal Power Armor Helmet. That is your super armor and environment suit. Equip that instead of the other armor.

And you killed Targoss and ate him? :0
Good. :)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »
Glad the registry clear fixed your issue, WillyP.  Apparently there's an issue with XP and the 'transparent dialogs' setting in the game.

Glad you're having fun.  :)

FYI, as you can probably tell, the PTMC is well past the primitive run-around-kill-animals-for-food stage.

Feel free to grab a starship, become captain, and go explore.  In fact, exploring new sectors and systems is something we need; it helps increase the number of available A.I. officers we can use.

For instructions on doing all this, check out the Hazeron Game Manual.  Or, here's a quick'n'easy way to get a starship off the ground:

1. Get inside a ship (you should be able to find one on a pad in the city).  You open the doors with the 'hand' control when you're close enough (be sure to close it, as you'll be heading out to space soon).
2. Open an Intercom channel (F3, comm dialog), and request the Captain's Berth.  Then load crew, passengers, and troops (icons on the comm dialog).
3. Find the bridge and captain's chair.  Depending on the ship design, it may be up a few floors (use the "E" key to grab ladders for climbing).  Feel free to sit in the captain's chair.
4. Go to the spacecraft command dialog (Shift-F2), and choose a mission.  Go to another planet, or another system, or whereever you'd like.  Your crew should handle the travel.

It would be GREAT if you could make it to a new system, or even a new sector, and start a new city there.  :D

Good luck, and feel free to message anyone who is on (use the "Hail" channel in the comm dialog, and set the slider to galaxy-wide communication).  From my experience, everyone who is playing is VERY willing to help new players get started.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:50:35 AM by Foil »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »
Thanks! But I don't have any shoes! Can I fly a ship without shoes? And I couldn't get a ship open, I think you need a key. Couldn't get on a bike either, not that I would ride without shoes anyway.  ;)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2010, 08:12:13 AM »
Thanks! But I don't have any shoes! Can I fly a ship without shoes?

There are no shoes in the game.  Maybe I'll suggest that, though; it's certainly odd for a starfaring empire to be shoeless.  ;)

And I couldn't get a ship open, I think you need a key. Couldn't get on a bike either, not that I would ride without shoes anyway.  ;)

Make sure it's a starship (custom designed, they look a bit odd sometimes), not a fighter (pre-modeled, looks a bit like a Pyro).  Get close to the door and click on it with the 'hand' to open the door.

If you're still having trouble with that, try a different ship, or message someone for help.

For a bike, you get on it, and hit "E" (or whatever your enter/exit key is).  Then hit "P" for power to start it up.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:41 AM »
I had been inside some ship before but it's gone now... notice in the vid I made about the menu bug. The back door was open.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
<Nod>  Yeah, I remember.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
I'll be getting for a bit on around noon (mountain time).  I'll show you around, if you're there.  :)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
I went for a long walk, and found myself in a strange, distant land. Then I died, and lost my torch and as I had already lost my knife, I am now defenseless, as well as shoeless. But I did go for a ride on a bike! Got some good air, too. It didn't do so well in the water, I'm afraid. But worse than that, I got lost and then it ran out of fuel. Sorry, but I left it on some deserted island, and I don't know how to get there, because having no weapons I died again and re-spawned in the city.

Then I saw a spaceship! I got in it and started exploring it. It must have taken off while I was in it because I went through the door and got sucked out into a vacuum and died. Again. Shouldn't they have some interlock on those doors?

Oh, one other minor quirk I noticed, when you go for a swim, you automatically go to a swimming position, but when you come out, you have to hit the spacebar to stand up again. Not a biggie, just thought I'd mention it.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2010, 11:17:47 AM »
Hey, glad I caught you online!

Here's a quick screenshot I got from Captain WillyP sitting in the captain's chair, the ship hovering over the city on Terra Alpha IV, before heading away:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:22:30 PM by Foil »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
Dun be killin' mah citizens  :'(

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets