Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117393 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »
We've had some bizarre bugs with station and ship spawning lately... A second station as well as one of ym carriers spawned over Terra with no owner. The server has also crashed twice in the past hour.

However in the process I've discovered something rather pleasant: Our TL2 space station is nearly invincible to turret fire.

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2010, 11:15:20 AM »
[PTMC private info deleted]

We've had some bizarre bugs with station and ship spawning lately... A second station as well as one of ym carriers spawned over Terra with no owner. The server has also crashed twice in the past hour.

Did you mention it to one of the devs online, or would you like me to report it?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:54:10 AM by Foil »

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »

Tread carefully.  The Bullywugs are near TL4, from what I've heard.

Did you mention it to one of the devs online, or would you like me to report it?
There were no devs online and still aren't.

As for the bullywugs, I he takes the game a bit too seriously to be that far ahead of everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:53:06 AM by Matthew »

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »
[PTMC private info deleted too]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:04:56 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
...he takes the game a bit too seriously to be that far ahead of everyone else.

Don't underestimate the Bullywugs.  Blugwort is my boss, and the other Bullywug has been around longer than I have.  Those guys have been playing SoH since the beginning - they're pretty quick with this stuff.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
Hehe, thanks Foil! ;)

So how long has Blug been playing? Do you think we could all form an alliance and stop him? I feel confident that we could do some damage.

I also don't see any TL 3 ships on the website list. Are you sure that he is close to 4?
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
So how long has Blug been playing?

Certainly longer than anyone but Haxus (the creator).

If you see the previous universe stats ("The Rise of Zlaad") on the Hazeron site, note that he was the Zlaad empire.

Do you think we could all form an alliance and stop him? I feel confident that we could do some damage.

It's worth a shot, certainly.  If he gets to TL4 long before anyone else, he'll have a decided advantage.

We'll have to organize something, and get the assistance of the Wookies if the PTMC is going to make a serious attempt against the Bullywugs.  :)

I also don't see any TL 3 ships on the website list. Are you sure that he is close to 4?

Yep.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
Putting the 2 best players on one team is extreme lame and unsportsmanlike.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
Putting the 2 best players on one team is extreme lame and unsportsmanlike.

Nah.  Ungo doesn't play nearly as much as others.  The Bullywugs are certainly "the team to beat", though.

If there's going to be an alliance to take them down a notch (or even just to steal tech), now is the time.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
The thing is, I don't wanna do anything until they fix the crashing and add turrets. Otherwise it'll be like yesterday. Capture a city, log in in the morning and find your cities taken instead.

The most disappointing thing is how pitifully weak stations are. One station = one ship.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »
I seem to crash the server that I am in whenever I get in the NAV station of one of my ships. That's a problem.

I also don't like it when you know that your city is under attack and you have the power to stop them, but it lags so bad that it won't let you back in.

Stations are really weak. It only took 3 carriers with 4 guns each to take down the Borg station that had a butt load of troops and turrets. Only 1 carrier was lost and one was damaged a little.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:45:09 PM by NUMBERZero »

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »
Understood, guys.

They're working on fixing those issues - that's what a Beta is all about, after all.

In the meantime, I think it would be good if we found a place (other than this thread) to discuss strategies, etc.

There is an eventual plan to have a Hazeron Forum, but it's way down on the priority list (the bugs/crashes/lag being at the top, of course).

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »
Well, since I am using my old character and that came from Blug's planet, I started a new colony and now his creatures are showing up all over the place. Is there any way to get rid of them? T.T

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
Understood, guys.

They're working on fixing those issues - that's what a Beta is all about, after all.

In the meantime, I think it would be good if we found a place (other than this thread) to discuss strategies, etc.

There is an eventual plan to have a Hazeron Forum, but it's way down on the priority list (the bugs/crashes/lag being at the top, of course).
I can put up a forum for us.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »
Hehe, no, NZ.

When you start a city on a planet, you are 'seeding' that planet with the DNA of the character you're using.  Thus the citizens of that city will match that character.  :P

So... careful which character you're using when you start a city.

[Edit: Matthew, that would be awesome!]

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets