Author Topic: "Shores of Hazeron"  (Read 117402 times)

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: "Shores of Hazeron"
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »
Wormholes appear near the edges of stars, and point through the star to a nearby system.  The graphics still need updating, but they look like little black cones with a rotating colored texture (note: they're actually very very big when you get close).  I'm not sure if the Terra system has any wormholes.

With tech level 2, I think you can build sensors, and see them automatically.

FYI, guys:

Check out the Galaxy Viewer.  The top guys (Bullywugs) are pretty darn close to Terra, and might be coming soon.  I highly recommend building a number of defense bases, in case of attack.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:36:10 AM by Foil »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Whilst reviewing the details of this game in more detail today, I'd like something clarified.

It suggests that you can create your own races with some sort of DNA selection process. So, my question is, can you pick out these traits yourself (and know what it is that you're picking) or those the game randomly pick them out for you? Or is it a mixture of both (you can pick some elements, but the game still chooses the rest)?
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
There are definitely different ways to go about it:

1. Join an empire directly.  Your character will be one of that empire's race (e.g. PTMC empire is basic humanoid).

2. Create a new empire with a new DNA (letting you use the creator tool).  You can either hit the "Random" button until you find something you like... or tweak everything from scratch, where you control everything.  [Then join the PTMC, of course!]  ;)

I did it the second way for both of my characters.

[Note: The only restriction is size.  AI creatures can be any size from tiny to gargantuan, but player-characters can't be excessively big, partially because they wouldn't fit in a ship.]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:06:46 AM by Foil »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
Huh. More I look at this game, the more I'm interested. If I were ever to start playing MMO's I'd likely start with this one. :)

Heck, I'm tempted enough as it is. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »
Well, it is free Scyphi. Why not?

Foil, none of our wormholes take us anywhere enar your system. I am flying 2 hours to your system now just for the heck of it. If you wanna be there to meet me that'd be nice :)

(BTW your city needs a bank for research, which it does not have :P)(It also is out of power)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »
Oh, I know.  I just haven't had much time to work on the city at all.  I plan to get to it tonight, if I have time.

Sorry I can't meet you there this afternoon.  Gotta work. :P

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 12:01:13 PM »
Oh, I know.  I just haven't had much time to work on the city at all.  I plan to get to it tonight, if I have time.

Sorry I can't meet you there this afternoon.  Gotta work. :P
When I finally get there I'll fix it up. A little :P

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
FYI, guys:

Check out the Galaxy Viewer.  The top guys (Bullywugs) are pretty darn close to Terra, and might be coming soon.  I highly recommend building a number of defense bases, in case of attack.
Checked checked my ship's nav computer. They have a wormhole straight from Brugle to Terra.

I have a laser base and a surface-to-surface missile base in Terra, don't know about everyone else. I've also got stations over every planet, if that helps any. Maybe I should set my officer to patrol the wormholes.

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
I'd recommend extra bases, if it doesn't affect your city too badly, morale-wise.

P.S. If you could just fix whatever is causing the poor morale over at Red Acropolis, I'd appreciate it.  Since I haven't had much time, I've just been placing tons of construction when I'm on, and checking back to see how it's progressing.  It would be much better if I had time to actively work the build.  :P

Thanks, Matthew!  You're kicking butt as the PTMC head guy. :D

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2010, 12:30:24 PM »
Thanks, Matthew!  You're kicking butt as the PTMC head guy. :D
LOL, thanks :)

I have nothing better to do with my summer :P Thanks for showing me something I can at elast feel like I've accomplished something with  ::)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
Quote from: Matthew
Well, it is free Scyphi. Why not?...
I have nothing better to do with my summer...

That's why not, Matt, I actually do have better things I should be doing this summer. :P

But I'm still tempted to at least fool around with it, so I guess we'll see.
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
We went on a scouting mission into Borg space! I got video of our two scout missions (the last one ended up being a raid, but was unsuccessfull because we didn't have any troops to capture the bases).
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 08:23:24 AM »
Nice!

I just now heard about the attempted raid here at work. :)   You have to have at least enough players/troops to hold all the bases at once in order to capture the city.

Bring some troops next attempt... or better yet, bring some extra players.  :D

Perhaps we can organize an attack for this Saturday, when we can get some extra people online?

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
What should be our next step now that we have our cities reasonably built up? Tech seems to be taking forever. Are we doing something wrong?

Offline Foil

• Gold
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
Cities built, next stop: Expansion and War!  (Dave H., the creator, made it so that everyone starts relatively close, so we can get started with battles and such sooner.)

Regarding tech, it will take a while.  Note that you have to have tech throughout a production system in order to develop it. 

In other words, you can't develop TL2 for the ship factory only.  Every commodity used for the ship has to be TL2; same goes for everything (e.g. you must have TL2 mines to make TL2 metal to make TL2 electronics, and so forth).  So make sure all your mines, factories, etc. are doing research.

Back to the war, though... sounds like the Borg empire are the nearest legitimate target.  Let's see if we can't liberate one or more of their cities.  :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets