Author Topic: Just made an informercial speech advertizing the CED  (Read 3648 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Just made an informercial speech advertizing the CED
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
Just a little speech I made for speech class for giggles. If you are interested in what I wrote, here it is:

Are you a man or woman of action?
Do you crave that adrenalin rush?
Are you spell bound by off-world adventure?

Then join the crew of the Collective Earth Defense! The CED is the premiere military defense force of the galaxy. Be a part of the glorious CED navy as a gunnery officer aboard our omega-class flagship carrier, the Expediator. Or be one of the elite of the CED marines. We are here to protect the galaxy from those who would rather do harm to innocent people.

Fly the marines' fighter of choice, the FY39 Phoenix Interceptor. She has light shielding, small armament, but is fast and can chase down any ship that even thinks about running. The Phoenix is a favorite and classic among all pilots of the CED.

After months of development, the new Starhawk space superiority fighter was born. Faster, better shielded, and more heavily armed than the Interceptor. The Starhawk is an extreme pleasure to fly. Only two squadrons of them are being shipped to the Expediator. Sign up today and you may be one of the lucky ones to pilot this excellent craft. It is “beauty and the beast.”

Join the best of the best! Become the hero that you've always dreamed of!
Be all you'll ever be...
in the CED.

Call 1032-I-FLY-CED. That's 1032-I-FLY-CED

"Be all that you'll ever be...in the CED" is the quote from the buildboard in Level 4 of D3. I'll post a picture of the poster that I made when I post a picture of the poster that I made.

It includes The Phoenix Interceptor, the Starhawk, that buildboard, and my Zero Alliance battle scene that I made for that picture contest months ago. :)

Isn't it niceusing little Descent things in our school projects let alone a full blown one using something out of Descent directly? :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:23:35 PM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
Re: Just made an informercial speech advertizing the CED
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »
Nice...

The Phoenix is my favourite ship to fly in D3 multiplayer.  Does that mean I'm affilated with the CED?  (Is anyone who flys a Black Pyro affilated with the PTMC?)

I can imagine this in a teaser for D4...

I'll have to check whether 1-032 is an actual area code...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:37:44 PM by Alter-Fox »

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:02:42 AM »
Isn't it nice using little Descent things in our school projects let alone a full blown one using something out of Descent directly? :D

Makes me wish I was still in school... almost!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:37 AM »
I remember having to do something like that for speech class...

Nearly failed that class, too. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:20:39 AM »
Isn't it nice using little Descent things in our school projects let alone a full blown one using something out of Descent directly? :D

Makes me wish I was still in school... almost!
Nope.  I don't.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
I attached the pic of the poster to the first post.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
Lol, looks funny :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets