Author Topic: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED  (Read 191095 times)

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
Re: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED
« Reply #195 on: February 13, 2011, 05:40:48 AM »
Good one, DFW! Keep 'em coming! ;D ;D

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #196 on: February 13, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »

"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #197 on: February 13, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »
Lol at Omega's pics. :P

Congrats DFW! :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Terminal Error

• Silver
« Reply #198 on: February 13, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
That's really awesome to hear, congrats 8)
I wish I could make a contribution to a video game one of these days.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #199 on: February 13, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
You could try Miner Wars...  though the community is divided over whether it will ever get released or not.

Offline Terminal Error

• Silver
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »
You could try Miner Wars...  though the community is divided over whether it will ever get released or not.
Yeah, I checked it out and there are plenty of opportunities to contribute, although taking part in the content for a Descent game on Wiiware would be like a dream come true for me :D

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »
"Hi DarkFlameWolf,

I received an email from Interplay this morning saying that they need all of the full names and mailing addresses of each of the people that are going to sign the agreement to have the Descent Vignettes levels (and the music we are going to use) included in the Wii version of Descent. 

We will not release this information publicly, but can you please send it to me??

Talk to you soon,

Scott"

So Sirius and Pumo, PM me the information and I'll pass it along discreetly. And Wazzazzle, if you want your music included, you get in on this too and PM me your info. ASAP, something tells me there are nearing the end of their development cycle!

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
DFW, I'd suggest PM-ing all three of them, if you haven't already.  Given the apparent hurry, you probably don't want to just wait for them to see this thread.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
...And Wazzazzle, if you want your music included, you get in on this too and PM me your info. ASAP, something tells me there are nearing the end of their development cycle!

I'll get all the music together right now (on some web hosting site) and then send you an email with links to all the music and also my full name and mailing address.  I already have your email address of course.

EDIT: I've sent you an email with a link to the music (lots of it :D) and my name/address info.  I sent it to your Yahoo account.
There's some other info in the email about some particular songs (that might affect their choice of where to put them/whether to use them) so I'd appreciate if you could pass that on.
Now I'm waiting for the document for me to sign.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:53:54 PM by wazzazzle »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2011, 08:18:11 PM »
Great! Will send my full name ASAP.

On a side-note, glad to know Alter-fox will make the new soundtrack, (great news  :D) ,but I got a question , this new soundtrack will also include my 3 songs I made for vignettes?
I ask this so I can make better versions of the songs (not MIDI).
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »
well, sent in all our info. Haven't heard a thing back. So I'm going to give it a few more days still before I give a pimping email to make sure it hasn't gotten off track.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »
@Pumo I hope they take your music.  One of the reasons I volunteered mine was to make them more likely to take yours (by giving them more to work with than 3 songs :P).
My advice would be to make the high quality mixes now, and get Wolfie to send them in -- the way I understand what Wolfie posted is they're asking for the music now... if you wait much longer it might be too late.  (Make sure to post them here too :D).
Incidentally if you send them in then they'll have exactly 20 songs for the mission (as I've sent in 17), so they'll have the option to use your songs in the levels they were originally intended for.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:53:34 AM by wazzazzle »

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
OK, i'm making the new mixes now. Hopefully they will be done tomorrow or Thursday at most. (hope it's not too much time).

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2011, 04:37:52 AM »
Pumo, PM me your full mailing address. Your email isn't enough they said. They need full mailing addresses for everyone. Yours is the only one they didn't receive and right now is stalling the inclusion of Vignettes. (not that I'm putting pressure on you or anything! :P)

Also, the new soundtrack inclusion is iffy at best, so don't go expecting miracles there. Its a miracle enough that Vignettes is getting a look-see.

Offline Pumo

• Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
 :-\

But that's my main E-Mail address I use.

The only thing I can do is giving my other alternative e-mails (@ GMail and 3d-get.de).

But that's all, I don't have any other E-Mail addresses.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets