Author Topic: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED  (Read 191224 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: DESCENT FOR WiiWare ANNOUNCED
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
At a Tire place?! And they say that they didn't advertize XD
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »
The same copy was just sitting there for months... I'm not sure they ever actually sold it.  Of course if they had, I'd look pretty stupid asking them about it (I've considered it a few times).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:14:59 PM by wazzazzle »

Offline Eagle131

• Silver
    • E. Ruoss
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »
I own descent for the playstation and maybe it's just me but i find it near impossible to play it with the PS1 controllers.  I much rather prefer the pc version.  And this is the first i ever heard about Descent on WiiWare, so hopefully whenever they get around to releasing it it'll be decent enough.  Either way, good or bad, I will end up getting it.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:22 AM »
I wonder how the Wii controls will work.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
Quote from: Myself from three or four pages back
I DO know Descent for Wiiware exists, though. The maganize Nintendo Power did an article about it (I've seen it!).

And now I have proof of this article's existence! My little bro found a copy of said magazine with the article in it, so I quickly scanned it in. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
Coolness.
I saw this same page on the Interplay forums a month ago too.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
Yeah, that's where I first saw it, too, but when I brought it up, I couldn't find it again.  ::)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »
Now I just need to get a Wii (seriously, there are a lot of Wii games apart from this I want to try as well... Sonic Colors for one...)
If this does get released I might start saving my money for one.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »
Oohoo, Sonic Colors...probably the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. :D

I'd get Descent for the Wii at the very least to try out the wiimote controls. Probably would have to relearn the game all over again, but if the game meets my expectations, it could be worth it.

This is making me want to D1... :P
Check out my deviantART

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:07 AM »
Now I just need to get a Wii (seriously, there are a lot of Wii games apart from this I want to try as well... Sonic Colors for one...)

You could also get Super Smash Bros Brawl since it had Sonic in it (ironic isn't it?) (and it also had Solid Snake from Metal Gear (Solid) in it)

Anyways back to the subject,
I did also see that scan on Interplay's forum but it's slightly in a different rotation

EDIT: one more post untill 100 replies in this thread!
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Ronin RedFox

• PotD Maintainer
  • Gold
  • Dat Red Fox
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »
If this does get released I might start saving my money for one.

There's going to be a trackmania game coming out later this year for the wii, too.
http://www.odf-online.org/ Home to Flight Back, D321GO!, and other Descent related projects, all open source!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »
Yep, I knew that (it may be already out in Canada, we got TM United in 2006 before the states.  I've been asking around about that but no response yet.)  I'm happy with TM United Forever right now though.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
it said it would include levels from its expansion packs, descent 1 had expansion packs?! I thought only D2 had Vertigo and Levels of the World does NOT count as a expansion pack imo. If they use levels from that, that is just sad. However, I wouldn't mind them using Vignettes. *grin*

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »
Well, prepare to be disappointed, then, Darkflamewolf, because Levels of the World is the most obvious level set to include as a bonus to D1. In fact, alot of the pictures shown in that article are from Levels of the World levels (like Super Station in the top right pic, if I'm not mistaken).

I don't see what's to be disappointed about, though. Some of the best D1 levels ever are in Levels of the World. And I'm sure the makers of these levels would be very flattered to have their works included, by default, in Descent Wiiware.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »
LotW is random, but I certainly remember it being marketed as an add-on to D1, and Scy is right, some of those levels are pretty good!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets