Author Topic: Descent3 intro  (Read 7655 times)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
Descent3 intro
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
Does anyone have the D3 intro video and music? I would like to keep it on my laptop without having to play it from the disk.

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Zantor

• Silver
Re: Descent3 intro
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
TigerRaptorFX uploaded the video to his YouTube channel. Here is a link:

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »
For the music, there are excerpts at Planet Descent.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »
Awesome! Thank you. Tiger, if you read this, can you make an HD version?

When I see those tractor beams grab that little pyro from certain destruction and the music that accompanies it, it still sends shivers down my spine....and I've seen all the hit movies.

Bettina
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:43 PM »
You should see my "tweaked" ending with a voice over. ;)

"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »
What I always found funny about the D3 intro is, if you look at the screens in the cockpit of the pyro when they are analyzing it, you can clearly see that the thing has 05 shields left. It's quite possible to survive having 5 shields! I guess the savers were lazy :P

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »
Just cuz the shields are holding doesn't mean that the hull is not nuked. Although you could have sold the scrap for some money. Hell I would have repaired the damn thing! Think of the weapons it could have still had! Playing through Level 1 with Megas, Mercs, Phoenix, the works! (that gives me an idea for flight back)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
Not if Dravis hits the button and you have a warp core malfuntion! Anyway, the ship hadn't blown up yet. If the sheilds had gotten to zero, it would have had to blow up. Then there would be no Descent 3. Well, sheesh, look how long it's taking them to figure out how to make Descent 4 without Dravis!

(edit: Sorry, meant that as a reply to IB, NZ posted while I was typing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:22:25 PM by WillyP »

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »
If the shields didn't protect the hull then they aren't doing a very good job :P

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 08:45:02 PM »
Now wait...the one and only time you see that shield gauge is in a flashback, just after the jump gone bad. An unknown amount of time had passed since that point to the near burning up in the sun. Seems to me that by the near burning up in the sun time, the ship was virtually dead, meaning it had no power. And no power, means no shields.

But even further still, five shields in Descent terms isn't a whole lot. When you think about it, mere lava can eat through those shields in a heartbeat. The corona of a sun is millions of times hotter than that alone. Five shields ain't savin' that ship, I'm sorry to say.

The ship might have been able to be repaired. But it would've been like completely rebuilding it from scratch anyway, even if it hadn't nearly fallen in the sun first. It would've been easier to just let that ship be destroyed and get a new one than to make the effort to repair such a critically damaged ship.

WillyP, I'm fairly certain that the one warp core overload probably destroyed the core to the point it couldn't be used again. In the D3 intro, you can see that the area of the ship that would suppositively contain the core is heavily charred. Besides, Dravis is a smart guy. He knew that if MD somehow survived the jump, he had to make sure he had no means of coming back. If the warp core was still operational, MD could theoretically use that to save himself, if he was in any condition to. Obviously, he wasn't, but Dravis had no way of guaranteeing that. Furthermore, that warp core is pretty high tech technology, I'm sure Dravis didn't want an operational one falling into unwanted hands.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 05:58:22 AM »
Actually you do see the shield gague while the little drone is investigating the ship, when it randomly turns on the stasis thing or whatever. You can tell that it's part of the new footage, since the gague is slightly different than it was in D2 and the framerate is higher (the old footage ran at a lower framerate)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 06:11:53 AM »
And it still said five shields?  :o
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 06:17:43 AM »
On a second watchthrough it's almost impossible to tell if the stasis thing is a flashback or not. I mean the ship looks burnt on the outside but there is still that whole blue "flashback" effect

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 02:13:29 PM »
No, it's clearly during a flashback that 05 shields are displayed. Scyphi nailed it. My point was that it didn't matter how many sheilds there were, as Dravis is shown pushing the button to cause the warp core malfunction. It could have been 200 but without the warp core the ship was being pulled towards the sun and was completely powerless when the tractor beams grabbed it. MD barely survived.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 12:07:59 PM »
Yes, Red Acropolis has impeccable timing. :P

Y'know, by all rights, that Pyro should've burned up long before Red Acropolis got around to tractoring it in, seeing how close it appeared to have gotten to the surface of that sun. Because if you thought a sun's corona is hot...that's nothing compared to it's surface.

So, when you really think about it, MD was REALLY lucky to have survived the whole ordeal. I can just picture Dravis's face when he discovered he was still alive. :P x2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:10:30 PM by Scyphi »
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets