Poll

High School or College?

High School
2 (50%)
College
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Question on what you'd put down, HS or College?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Question on what you'd put down, HS or College?
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
Sorry for wasting your time, for I am sure I know the answer to this question. I have attended a semester in Linux classes.
Did I finish the whole course? No, only one semester.
I am 31 years old, male. On most dating sites, they ask your highest education level.
I'm guessing High School, but what do others think? Is it enough for someone to know you've tried? Maybe a few. I'm sure most would think you'd be in college 2+ years (or a year if there are courses that only last a year).

I probably know the answer, but I guess I'm just curious what you think.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Question on what you'd put down, HS or College?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »
I have always assumed that type of question means graduated. If you haven't even completed one course, I think it's a little dishonest to say your education level is collage. Sometimes there is an option for 'some collage', which I always assumed meant 'took some collage courses but no degree'.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
thanks. I'm keeping at High School, but saying a little something in the ad.

Sad in a way that you can learn so much Linux being self taught. girl may think that's cool.
or you could go to college for Linux, and learn less, and the girl will think that's amazing.

It's the "college" they like, not how well you know it.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 06:10:03 AM »
I suppose there is some truth in that, but as I understand it, the trend these days is that those that attend college are usually seen as the more successful (not to say that's actually true in the world, that's just the belief. I'm well aware there are highly successful people out there that never did much college at all).

And you can't deny that attending and graduating from college looks snazzy on a resume, but I guess that's a different subject. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:11:05 AM »
Thanks. Is my poll making sense. I'm guessing you both think I should have High School down, but you both voted for College.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:38:13 AM »
Neither, I'd put University. :P
If I was into that "dating" thing.  Humans... you amuse me.

Since you haven't graduated unless you can put down "some 'college'" putting down High School is probably more honest.  And in this situation, I think the really important thing is to show that you're honest.  No matter what you actually say, as long as it shows you're honest (or will show you're honest, once your date-ee finds this thread ;D).

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
Funny thing about people, more so online. They are...interesting.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets