Author Topic: Halloween Guide-Bot  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Halloween Guide-Bot
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:42:08 AM »
Sometime I ago, I was considering doing a series of humorous fan comics staring D3 robots. I eventually decided not to for two reasons: one, I decided the Descent fanbase is sadly not big enough; two, I opted to pursue more original comic projects at the time.

But this was one of the ideas I had been toying with at the time:

(click for bigger version)

And since Halloween's coming up, I figured I'd go ahead and make this one a reality real quick just for kicks. :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:44:33 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: Halloween Guide-Bot
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »
Awwwwhhhh that's perfect!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:13:49 AM »
:D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline (LL)Atan

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »
Scyphi, I 'm not a fan of Halloween, but I like jokes..
Seeing it this way: Your Guide-Bot masquerades itself at  Halloween as a welder-bot :P

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
I like Halloween.  This year I will finally manage to release my free Halloween compilation album...  since I write so much creepy stuff (musically and literately).

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »
I've always been fond of Halloween, but admittedly, part of that is because my birthday comes just a few days before it. :P

Actually, when I first devised the joke for the comic, I hadn't intended to tie it so directly to Halloween, but when I decided to finally draw it, with Halloween being so close, and it having that Halloween vibe to it, intention or not, it was easy to tie it in.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
Speaking of birthdays I have to find something for Xaihyv... his birthday is on the 29th...

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets