Author Topic: Anyone into Descent?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Valin Halcyon

• Bronze
Anyone into Descent?
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »
Just wondering...  Seems there's a lot more conversation about other things these days...  :P

Offline Foil

• Gold
  • "I've never seen its equal."
Re: Anyone into Descent?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »
Even in the heyday of the Descent forums, there has always been non-Descent-related dialogue.

That said, if you want to talk Descent, this is certainly a good place for it...

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:21:27 PM »
I like playing it more than talking about it.

Offline Valin Halcyon

• Bronze
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »
I agree there, I've been replaying D1 through on hotshot. 

I like D2X-XL, plenty of nice features, but DXX can't be beat for that retro feeling.

Even in the heyday of the Descent forums, there has always been non-Descent-related dialogue.
I know.  I was there.  ;)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »
Considering how long Descent has been around, it's pretty impressive that there is any talk about at all. Yet people do talk about Descent, right now, in the shoutbox, there is a link to an article about control config. Recent topics include a question about limits on the number of levels, there's something about spreadfire and helix, there was a recent discussion about plot holes.

About a week ago my oldest son asked about re-installing Descent 3 on his machine, so we did. He's also asking about level building, that was when I realized I hadn't put DescentiaPedia back online so I did that.

But, I have to confess I don't play it that often anymore.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
It's been so long since I have played Descent. Part of me wants to, but I either don't have the right OS for it, or in a way, the ambition.
Besides having most of the music to the Descent series, my wallpaper is "magic smoke", and the colors I chose sort of looks like the Descent 3 sky on the front box.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »
Hey, there's plenty of Descent talk here and there in this forum, but I see a bit more in dbb.net.  There's usually a lot of playing in the Descent Rangers and the Descent Task Force (well the latter isn't nearly as active) too.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:03:45 AM »
Considering how long Descent has been around, it's pretty impressive that there is any talk about at all. Yet people do talk about Descent, right now, in the shoutbox, there is a link to an article about control config. Recent topics include a question about limits on the number of levels, there's something about spreadfire and helix, there was a recent discussion about plot holes.

About a week ago my oldest son asked about re-installing Descent 3 on his machine, so we did. He's also asking about level building, that was when I realized I hadn't put DescentiaPedia back online so I did that.

But, I have to confess I don't play it that often anymore.
Ah I remember when I first discovered level building. I didn't have the patience or creativity to really make anything, but I sure did like finding ways to make robots fight each other, make ridiculous weapons, and screw around with gunboys.

I remember I made a modded weapon that fired an impact mortar that, on detonation, released a random set of secondary mortars that, on detonation, released random weapons, including mega missiles, frag missiles, black sharks, and napalm. It was lulz. And it used energy.

Offline CrazyEnzo03

• Gold
  • Just who the hell do you think I am?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
Haha that sounds so much like the stuff I used to do when I was experimenting with Descent 2 modding.
Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:15 AM »
I haven't played much Descent lately either, but in my defense, I've been busy with school and the such. When the semester ends, though, I hope to be able to find the time to replay some of my favorite levels. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets