Author Topic: Job Burnout!  (Read 9344 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: Job Burnout!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:28 PM »
Whereas, if you have a good job, and are looking to better yourself, they will see that as a positive thing... It says you are smart, aggressive and ready to move up the food chain.

While I do eventually "want" this, right now, I am so burned out and exhausted. I'm tired of coming home from work at $9.65/hr feeling like an 85 year old man at the end of the day. To be honest, I have zero drive and motivation and am in need of some serious time off. Furthermore, my right brain is VERY VERY thirsty.

I'm going to type up a resignation letter. I have been nothing but reliable, helpful and knowledgeable in my area of expertise, and am positive I could get a recommendation from any member of management from there if I leave on good terms. And if I'm on such good of terms with management and this burned out, I figure I should formally resign the right way before I go and blow it and walk out on the job.

As for what I'm going to do next? I just want to get a two year backlog of personal projects done. I live with my parents still, so my bills are minimal; all I have is car insurance and cell phone. I'd like to move out, but I'm not itching to get out; my dad and I are tight and he enjoys my company as I enjoy his.   I was hoping with this job that I would get moved up by now, be earning enough, and able to move out. I'm wasting my time at this company and I am just getting dicked around by empty promises. Enough is enough.

With as much drive and motivation I had when I started, I will be able to start elsewhere with the same drive and hit the ground running -- once I get my backlog of projects done. No job I will get is going to be a high paying job since I just have an Associate's Degree in Applied Science -- can't really do anything without a bachelor's.

All I know is, it'll feel good to be free... and that free feeling will springboard me into this "catching up with myself" cycle, and I shall come out of it refreshed and with a real game plan. Hell, there's even the possibility of starting my own business! Lotsa demand for electronic cigarettes nowadays!  ;)
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
Well... I'll just say, Best of Luck to you, sometimes you do need to follow your heart, break the rules, paddle upstream without a paddle, or whatever clever witticism works for ya... ;)
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
go against the grain,

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Okay, I'mana do it! I'm giving them a resignation letter when I go in tomorrow. ESPECIALLY after today! Here's how today went... I was scheduled to be in the customer service booth today handling all the bill payments, Western Union transfers, refunds, etc. Stupid a** manager forgot to schedule someone knowledgeable to give me a thirty minute break from the booth. I ended up ordering a pizza and eating it in front of customers!

*NOM NOM NOM* "Will that be in US dollars or Nigerian Naira?" *NOM NOM NOM* :-P 

Usually, the supervisor on duty handles that, but my other co-supervisors have been spinning throughout a revolving door ever since I got there, they can't train enough of them on time until they quit or get fired! MAN! They're going to miss me! heh heh heh!! So, I guess tomorrow, they said they'll let me take an HOUR break! MAAAN! That's unheard of, and THAT is going to be fun!

And in two weeks, on March 1st, I'll be FREE!!! Other things I was thinking about doing was either opening my own electronic cigarette store or working at a car dealer. This is Houston; there are MILLIONS of things I could do, but I AM going to be enjoying me some time off for damn sure! Can't wait! Spring break the entire month of March! HAHA!

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 04:41:07 AM »
Protip for anyone looking for a job: I know all the Minnesota dairy queens are starting to look at hiring for the summer, and I'm sure they're not the only ones. Start putting in applications.

The DQ outside of Mound, MN is opening up again, or is open. I could be moving to Mound, but don't know if I approve for the apartment.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Well, it's done. I have handed in my resignation letter to management. We had a good talk. I explained that I disagreed with all the cutbacks they were making to the service department and that I was burnt out. They understood and were glad that I'll be sticking around a full two weeks to help train other employees. They also told me what an asset I've been to the front-end, and that they would be proud to put in a good word to any new prospective employer.

I feel good. Now... next two days off... it's time for some right-brained activity!!!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 04:16:15 AM »
Multiplayer Descent is probably not a bad idea then...

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:14 PM »
Shoot, I'm afraid I'd be a sitting duck if I played multiplayer. My wireless keyboard doesn't allow for much movement. I can only bi-chord. If there was a keyboard that could quadra- or quintachord, that would be ideal. I've always played Descent on the keyboard and am pretty good at it, but lack of ability to at LEAST tri-chord has been my issue. I can't play on any levels harder than rookie because of this issue. It suuuuuuucks, maaaaaaan!

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »
Joystick?

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
Use a joystick or a mouse and KB. Darc is one of the only few that I know of that can pull it off with a keyboard. It's talent.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 09:46:18 AM »
I can't trichord but I've beaten all the official campaigns (and several harder unnoficial ones) on hotshot...
So there.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »
I can do it with keyboard. It's the only way I know how, but currently, I can only bi-chord with this setup.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:37 PM »
I'M FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:46 AM »
Nothing in this world is free, your just a slave to a different master now. Hopefully one you like better than the last one. Good luck, my friend!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
Oh, that's so true, but at least now I can be free of any said masters temporarily, and it feels nice!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets