Author Topic: An experiment - Arbiter Grounds  (Read 5629 times)

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
An experiment - Arbiter Grounds
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:33:52 AM »
Well, I've been playing !!!NYSA!!! recently (probably because it is the one being most frequently played) and I can't see any other reason people love it so much other than its a good level for racking up quick, easy, fast kills. So with THAT PURPOSE in mind, I built this level and plugged in Azure/Lost Level weapons to further the cause of quick kills! All the weapons may seem cheap at first if you're killed by them easily, but remember, just grab any of the primaries, or secondaries and you'll find you can kill them just as fast as they can kill you! Everyone is on even ground in this level! Let the chaos begin!

http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=447

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
Re: An experiment - Arbiter Grounds
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:38:33 AM »
Ooh, I'm liking the theme behind this one, the textures work really well.

All these new anarchy level releases are making me really want to start playing Descent multiplayer more often.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:32:26 AM »
Sorry for the Off-topic but...
I have several versions of NYSA but apparently not the version that's being played.  And I can't find it anywhere.  Can you send me a link to download it?

Also this map looks awesome.  But I mean that's a given, kinda.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:26:27 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »
I found it pretty easily on Koolbear's archive by simply searching NYSA and looking for a return entry with exclamation marks on either side of it.

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
Ooh, I'm liking the theme behind this one, the textures work really well.

All these new anarchy level releases are making me really want to start playing Descent multiplayer more often.
We are about to prepare a big D2X-XL multiplayer event playing CTF+ (true CTF) on an XL version of Wolfie's new map Azure CATACOMBS supporting 16 players. I just need to add enough equipment for 16 players there.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:44:59 AM »
Assuming I haven't missed it already, maybe. This is of course assuming I don't get distracted by side projects again...

heh

Offline karx-elf-erx

• Gold
  • D2X-XL & DLE-XP maintainer
    • D2X-XL and DLE-XP
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »
You haven't. 8)

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Well back to Arbiter Grounds, the thing I've found consistent with players as I tried this level with others: its a love/hate relationship. People are so unaccustomed to new weapons that the thought of having to spend more time than necessary adapting and learning how to fight with new weapons has turned a few players off of it. As I was playing with Celest and other demigods in this level, there are actually very ingenious ways they used said weapons I never thought of. The weapons turn the gameplay more into a game of wits and smarts than skill. Because most weapons can be one-to-two shot kills (minus a few exceptions), you need to be more wary and on your guard than ever, and anticipate where your opponent is going to be next so your weapon meets him when he gets there. Its a completely new 'style' of gameplay that I do not believe people in this Descent community are ready for or will ever be. So we'll see how it ultimately goes.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
And now we have a Descent 1 version of the level with a more standard load out. Enjoy you Descent 1 players!

http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=468

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets