Author Topic: Transformers Prime (the current TV series) impressions  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
Transformers Prime (the current TV series) impressions
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:10:25 PM »
On x-mas day I booted up Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising on DVD and I have to say that it's a pretty good series

The Plus side (some with no examples, sorry) so far:
1. It has a pretty good storyline (better than the movie-verse storyline.  No offense)
2. the colors on Optimus Prime are G1 accurate (except for the faceplate)
3. Great action
4. The graphics looked pretty good for a CG cartoon on The Hub (the new TV Network for mostly hasbro based shows)
5. Megatron got his arm mounted fusion cannon like any other true Megatron would have (such as G1)
6. There are some good sense of humor (unlike... the ones from Michael Bay's universe!!!!)
7. nice soundtrack
8. I don't mind Starscream's appearance looking like an Eva Unit from the anime Evangelion, some proof:

9. Peter Cullen (the original Optimus voice actor) is now voicing Optimus Prime and Frank Welker (the original Megatron Voice Actor) is you guest it voicing Megatron.
10. There are some decent character designs such as Bulkhead, Arcee (don't know why she's blue), and CliffJumper

on the negative (sorta) side so far:
1. Megatron having fangs (don't know why)
2. Optimus prime having a mouth (don't mind that he had the Animated style mouth but without the Bruce Campbell chin)
3. Bumblebee on a speech disability (meaning he's not talking, just bleep-bloops) and Soundwave being silent (I hope he has a monotone if he talks in season 2)
4. Cliffjumper live for the short time in the first pilot episode

Overall:
It's better than Michael Bay's Movie-verse and zero connections to that (once again, no offense) bt not as good as G1.  Sure the style is different (slightly), sorta like a hybrid of 3 styles (G1, Movie, and Animated (2007).  In conclusion, I'll have to give this show a 4.3 out of 5 and an B+  I'll have to wait for Season 1 to be on Blu-ray+dvd
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets