Author Topic: Behold, the new Pyro-GX action toy!  (Read 28076 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Behold, the new Pyro-GX action toy!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
Well I never heard of Eternal Silence so I Googled it and found a site where it says it is free to play on steam. But now I can't log in to steam as my e-mail was @prepare4descent.net which doesn't work anymore. grrr...
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline mralexs

• Bronze
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
Thanks for showcasing my model! :D

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »
We are very happy to have it... and you, of course... here.

Welcome to Planet Descent!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Thunderchild

• Bronze
    • Baloris Prime
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »
The flight physics in that look very weird. I'm not sure if I'd want to play a 6DOF game like that, as the way the ship moves and turns feels binary in nature (you're either turning or your not). I guess I could probably get used to it in time though.

I wonder if that's a limit of Source or just the implementation of flight being used, heh.
Not Source's fault.  The ship was a proof of concept I made that I was going to eventually turn into a gamemode and what have you, but it fell to the wayside and now the code's pretty terrible.  At the time, I didn't really know how to make the movement smooth and now I don't really want to touch it as it is right now. 

I'm planning on remaking the entire thing from scratch as a modular 6dof ship base instead of just plain Descent ships once GMod 13 ships and I don't have to worry about dodging Garry's code changes.  Since prediction on entities in GMod is pretty much impossible, I'm going to manipulate the player entity instead and just change the player's collision hull size and hitbox size to match whatever ship they're currently using.  Ships will be built with clientside props and I'll make a system so people can create their own designs and add them easily.  Same goes for weapon types.  For the HUD, I'll probably use simple gradients for most of the base ships to minimize the screen confetti and make it so each ship can have its own customized HUD, so the Pyros will still have their own respective HUDs whenever you're using them.

..that being said, hello PlanetDescent!

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets