Author Topic: Reactor  (Read 8782 times)

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
Re: Reactor
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
...  Maybe I'll write a short story about a race of intelligent butterflies who have to wake up a pupa that's gone into a coma, and his name is Jake (because this is a parallel universe to Earth and the butterflies are the parallel to humans).
You know, that's not a half bad idea when you think about it.  You could make that work.  Probably as a thought provoking "what if" and "how would you deal with it" scenario.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
@Techpro: This sounds like your idea you tried to talk me into using as a story idea while mowing the lawn one day years back. Y'know, a story about the grass in our lawn, and what they'd think about being mowed if they were sentient...  :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
I don't have the money. I have no idea how good or bad my ideas are. I am getting the characteristics of some of the people. John Baker is tough but not the "I'm so tough, I have to talk with such a low voice, and not smile."
He likes the tmp's, and the mini-uzi's, Grant likes the L86-LSW and the FAL.
Both have a heart and try to keep their girl, and others safe. I have EXTREMELY little typed out, and MOST is just who they are.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »
@Techpro: This sounds like your idea you tried to talk me into using as a story idea while mowing the lawn one day years back. Y'know, a story about the grass in our lawn, and what they'd think about being mowed if they were sentient...  :P
I guess it does.  Why didn't you write something along that line?

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »
Here's one: what if turkeys were intelligent beings and they all realized the horror their species faced in November?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 04:33:51 AM »
And less so in October?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
Quote from: Techpro
Why didn't you write something along that line?

Because you can sum up everything there would be to tell in that one sentence. There's really nothing to tell. Trust me, I've looked at the idea from multiple angles. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets