Author Topic: Real Descent 4 pictures?  (Read 5792 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Real Descent 4 pictures?
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
Youtube video

The creator claims to be working at Interplay. He has told me information (probably classified, but all I`m going to say about it is 2011), but I cannot be to sure that it is real, especially since I have seen those Pyro pictures in the beginning elsewhere. Heck, one of them is from an old POTD at PD.com. But I have never seen the hostage (he claims that that is the MD himself. He has offered to tell me what happened to him, but I have not replied) before, nor have I seen the Pyro shooting from inside that hanger. Any opinions on the matter?

I expect some powerups on this. :P jk
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:20:59 AM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
Re: Real Descent 4 pictures?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 05:19:43 AM »
Crud I knew it. I was on the DSi and there is no way of copy and paste so I took a picture of the link hoping to input it correctly, but it was fuzzy.

Fixed

If those are real, it's hard for me to believe because I am used to the old graphics of D3. Maybe I'm wrong. I just saw a trailer for a new MechWarrior and I couldn't believe it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:24:21 AM by NUMBERZero »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:28:42 AM »
Unfortunately, these were ripped straight from the Into Cerberon mod for Doom 3. It had about three release candidates before being scrapped. I'm honestly surprised there was quite a lukewarm reception of Into Cerberon, despite it's track record of being one of the more popular Doom 3 projects.  ::)

If you have Doom 3, Into Cerberon can still be downloaded and played over LAN or online, though.  ;)

INSERT: And yes, in case you're wondering, Minerva was remade for Into Cerberon.  ;D

DOUBLE INSERT: Does anyone know what HeXetic is up to these days, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:34:18 AM by D2Junkie »
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:38:17 AM »
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing as D2Junkie. Never played the mod, but I've seen enough of it to know it when I see pictures of it. Unfortunately, your friend is probably a fraud then.

That is, unless, Interplay's is seriously ripping off Intro Cerebron to make D4, which actually wouldn't surprise me too much...

In reality, I would seriously doubt that if a D4 is currently in the works, it wouldn't be as far along as the video portrays.

Video's still pretty nice, and I liked the music, so kudos to the maker for that much. And when you really think about it, if and when a D4 is released, I imagine it wouldn't look too different from Intro Cerebron.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 05:49:19 AM »
I downloaded (I believe) IC .002 at one point in development. It was really quite impressive, I just couldn't run it at more than 1-2 FPS on the computer I had at the time. I've thought about putting Doom 3 on my laptop just to try it again since I've tried Quake 4 and it will stay around 30 FPS.

If I could develop at all, I'd see if I couldn't help maintain it.  :(

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 06:52:29 AM »
Wow. What a complete rip off. Ok everything's fake, back to normal!

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
You totally got fooled. :P I'm wondering if "DoomDude" got to 2011 info from Interplay. I dont know, i'm not an expert on this stuff. :P

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »
Here is what he said in a personal message:

"well this is so far what we can think could PASSABLY be d4 pics but its not official"
(o rly?)
"it is the closset thing we have to it"
(you guys have to it? It's Doom's!)
"we still have 2 to 3 years left till it comes out we don't even have the plot down yet"

He says he works on the story line.

Oh yeah. His spelling ain't wort crap. Intellegence is questionable because he asked what game some speech line was from and the entire video (only 14 seconds long) has the name of the game advertised 3 times!

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 05:29:51 AM »
Lolz poser.   ;D

[img width= height=]http://abm.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/02/sign_board78_2.jpg[/img]</img>

Offline PyroJockey

• Gold
  • Old school
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »
Dyslexia skucs  >:(
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »
10 out of 6 pilots are lexDysic :P

Offline Planet Orange [phx13]

• Silver
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »
In the comments section of the video he says Descent 4 will be out November 11, 2011. He certainly isn't fooling anybody, so why does he continue with his lies?  :-\
Go Suns!

"To God be the Glory".
-Greg Jennings
Super Bowl XLV

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 06:20:05 AM »
Probably because he knows that he's going to fool somebody sooner or later into believing it, even if for a short time (like NUMBERzero, no offense, bud :)) and enjoys it.

That, or he truly believes it's D4, which, considering his cover story, is highly unlikely.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »
I had my doubts, but now that confirms it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets