Poll

NUMBERZero`s Ideas for Descent 4 Space Missions!

Start in asteroid belt, follow the (hopefully enhanced) Decoy, I mean Guidebot to keys found deep within asteroid bases. Fight ace pilot on the way to main battle station. Fly into station, fight through it, destroy sub-systems to unlock reactor door, blo
Battle enemy fleet, destroying frigates, cruisers, etc. And destroying the flag ship from the inside. (comment on wether or not you want help or to go alone)
Going around to find and collect some special object left over in an asteroid field or a debris field.
All of the above
I`ll just leave a comment on which ones that I would like.
NO! Go away! I have no hope of a Descent 4 eventhough Zero is saying that Interplay has started a project! ;)
There should be no space missions.
Make the whole darn thing into Freespace! :P

Author Topic: NUMBERZero`s Ideas for Descent 4 Space Missions!  (Read 5409 times)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »

There wasn't room for the full text of the first option, so here it is:

1. Start in asteroid belt, follow the (hopefully enhanced) Decoy, I mean Guidebot to keys found deep within asteroid bases. Fight ace pilot on the way to main battle station. Fly ito station, fight through it, destroy sub-systems to unlock reactor door, blow reactor, fly through exit, dodge asteroids and a few fighters to escape battle station`s blast zone.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:24:37 PM by Commander-In-Chief »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: NUMBERZero`s Ideas for Descent 4 Space Missions!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »
I voted 'All of the above', they sound like great missions!

+1 for a new poll, the old one was getting pretty stale!
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 05:41:29 AM »
I concur with WillyP. Variety is the spice of life; why make a D4 that's a uninspired retread of D1, D2, or D3? Go all out!  ;)

Though I do agree a third Freespace should totally happen. Still haven't beaten the second though... I guess I need to do that.  ::)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »
I like all of these ideas, but I would hope that D4 doesn't stick to just space adventures. Descent is really a space sim, so making it entirely space-related would seem out of place.

I'd like to see just some classic style Descent missions where you go into the mine, blow stuff up, then hightail it out of there. 8)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »
Technically, the first one is a Mix between D2's keys and reactor and D3's objective by destroying things inside the station. Classic Descent, but in a different environment. ;)
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaizerwolf

• Gold
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »
I enjoy key finding, but i do also enjoy the objective based missions. Hopefully, a Descent 4 will include both of those.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »
Ditto. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »
Personnally, I like all those ideas.  Each have their merit and I would love a 6DOF game that can make use of those elements.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets