Author Topic: The "Descent RAVE" project  (Read 22469 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
The "Descent RAVE" project
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:49:21 PM »
The objective of Descent RAVE is to combine Descent MIDI files with other music tracks for an enhanced beat. It's kind of similar to the correlation project I did, but I'm not limited to the red book audio files. I tried to make most of them as close as I could to trance mixes, but for certain MIDI files, but if something slower or different than that of "rave" or "trance and techno" goes better with that particular song, then I improvise.

So let me know what you think of what I have so far. I wish I had the tools, the talent and the time to create full remixes of the MIDI songs myself, but I don't. Instead, I like to see myself as a music welder.

Here's a link to the Descent RAVE gallery: http://www.planetdescent.net/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=53
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: The "Descent RAVE" project
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:01 AM »
I listened to some of the mixes of my personal favorites. It's very hit and miss, some I like, others not so much.  :-\

I REALLY liked level 7's mix, and when I put on level one's to listen to, about a half hour later, I realized I had lost track how many times it had looped through the whole song and still wasn't tired of it. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
Hmm I haven't listened to level 7's mix.
I'll do that.

I like the ones I have heard.

Edit: Listening to the game07 mix right now.  I like.  A lot.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:47:20 AM by Kaiaatsel »

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:09 AM »
Thanks for your comments guys. When I was trying to match up Game07 with something, I really didn't know where to start at all. So, I looked into my Ridge Racer files. I figured, "hmm... well... Burnin' Rubber is track 7 in the Ridge Racer Type 4 game, so shoot, let's try it out." Turns out, it went together just fine, and it was my first match up to try against Game07. Never bothered trying anything else!

I'm also curious as to which ones you didn't like so well and why. Give me some constructive feedback if you will. As of now, the whole project is complete with all files uploaded. If you already listened to Game20 already, listen to it again. I deleted the old one and made a much better one.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38:58 AM »
Hmm, I don't really know how to explain what ones were good and what ones were not. Some just didn't seem to...work, y'know?

Listened to a couple more, BTW, but didn't find any new favorites.   :(
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 08:50:42 AM »
Game10 was too off-beat for me to enjoy it.

BTW my fav was actually the game02 mix.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
To prove that what songs are good or not depends on the person, I will state that I listened to Game02 myself, and didn't care for it.
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
Well, what do you think was "badly mixed" or didn't go together with the midi that well in YOUR opinion. Also, I have redone the ones for Game03, Game05 and Game19 with what I think are MUCH better counterparts to those songs. I'll post them by the end of tonight.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »
Okay, got 'em posted:

Game03
(No items to show)
Game05
(No items to show)
Game19
(No items to show)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:00:56 AM by Alieo »

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 06:55:43 AM »
Those all sound not that bad, so I agree, there's improvement. :)

I can't really explain why I think some of them aren't good beyond the fact that they seem to clash and...aren't likable by yours truly.  :-\

I haven't really been worrying about it though. When listening to a whole slew of songs like this, there's always bound to be at least one that I don't like, so generally I tend to focus on the ones I DO like. :D
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:27:06 AM »
Moar remakez...

Game08:
(No items to show)
Game10:
(No items to show)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
I can't listen to them! It says access to the album has been denied!  :o
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
That was weird... it said read access wasn't checked off... I checked it. It SHOULD work. Let me know.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »
Yeah, they're working now. :)

Game 08 has significantly improved, and is almost good enough for me to download, but that choir...there are times when it syncs up beautifully, but the rest of the time it doesn't, and it clashes. The ending was stunning, though. :D

Listening to Game 10 now. It seems okay thus far. But then again, Game 10 isn't one of my favorite songs from D1, so...  :-\
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »
What's the matter? Is my corn not big enough?  :P

Okay... just now I've completed a redo of Game22... also keeping the same metal theme. Tell me which Game22 is better:

New Game22 Remix:
(No items to show)
Old Game22 Remix:
(No items to show)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets