Author Topic: Prepare4Descent.net Moving to Planet Descent  (Read 19627 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Prepare4Descent.net Moving to Planet Descent
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
SMF uses relative links, so that is all set. Links that are broken are ones I hardcoded in, like in the header a link back to the home page, which I already fixed, the home page has links to the Guides Forum which I haven't fixed yet and I haven't reinstalled DescentiaPedia yet so that link is also broken. The links to images are also broken... etc. Within the guides there may be a few links that people posted that are broke. I didn't say all the links are broken, just that there are some. I'll fix them as I have time. But it is not a high priority right now. And you are right, moving to another domain isn't hard, it is just a matter of ftp'ing the files to a new domain, fixing hard coded links, running a script in the forum to change settings, and fixing a few setting the script doesn't get to. But, no reason to. It's done, once is enough. ;) And there is no prepare4descent.net to redirect to.

Alieo, Reactor is a fan fiction site, so I don't think material from P4D would fit there.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
And there is no prepare4descent.net to redirect to.
I mean redirect p4d.planetdescent.net to prepare4descent.planetdescent.net. The ... was supposed to represent the planetdescent part because the whole thing is a handful to type out.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 05:55:51 AM »
It will be gone soon enough anyway.  ;)

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »
... Brushes aside a little dust ...

So, how's the P4D move going?  I see it's at the http://prepare4descent.planetdescent.net path, and the Descent Guides forum (which could use more guides) is sitting at http://prepare4descent.planetdescent.net/guidesforum ... but I'm not seeing any links or anything that takes you there unless someone knows the path.

Just wondering.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:49 AM »
The idea of putting it up there was so we could copy it to the article system here, so I need to turn that on an provide a link to it. There still are some bugs in the article system and I was hoping for a fix but I will probably enable it soon as is.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »
I'm looking forward to it. I can't help but think about all the new vistas it might open up, buggy or not. :D
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
Ok, I'll get on it!  :o

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets