Author Topic: Testing embedding test  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Testing embedding test
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »
Attempting to embed vid in posts...not easy seeing the forum technically doesn't have the coding set up to do it the easy way.

^closest I could get. Used the coding found here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:53:17 AM by Scyphi »
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: Testing embedding test
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:03:42 PM by ...WillyP... »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »

Offline Pumo

• Lord PuMo, King of Torbernite
  • Gold
  • Fear the Hosakos!
    • Pumo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
I think WillyP is saying that you can embed the video on the gallery, not upload it.

I understand that you need to do two embeddings:
One in the gallery, and then one on your post.
Pumo Software main Website
- Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels)
R.a.M. Land official Website

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »
Well, anyway, thanks for the tip WillyP, I figured there was a way to do it that I just didn't know. I'll remember this next time I want to post a vid. :)
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 05:36:45 PM »
Wait, you can embed videos in the gallery? I... Guess I don't really see the point of that. It's like a site devoted to searching youtube videos. Doesn't really make sense to me. Why not just either search youtube directly, or embed the video directly instead of embedding an embedding video?

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 05:23:30 AM »
I don't think spaces are necessary inside code brackets, since the point of a code bracket is to show code.
I Did in fact try the code block without the spaces and it did not work, so I added the spaces. Apparently the mod for embedding does not respect code blocks, no biggie.

Wait, you can embed videos in the gallery? I... Guess I don't really see the point of that. It's like a site devoted to searching youtube videos. Doesn't really make sense to me. Why not just either search youtube directly, or embed the video directly instead of embedding an embedding video?
Now, as to why you would want to embed a you-tube video in the gallery... Because you can, and some people do want to do just that. And if you embed it in the gallery, then you can embed the video in a post. That way people reading a thread can view a video without leaving the page, and people are more likely to view a video if it is in the thread. But there is no requirement for you to do so, if you prefer to just post a link, by all means feel free to do so.

Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 07:37:26 AM »
Ok, but what if I want to just embed a video directly? Can't you make that work?

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 11:38:29 AM »
There is a BBCode out there you can install on forums that lets you do just that, in case the moderators want to look into it.

Don't think we really need it, though, because it's not like that many people embed videos here, and this was probably the one and only time I would ever want to, and I done and did that already. :P
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets