Author Topic: (SPOILERS) Transformers: Dark of the Moon  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
(SPOILERS) Transformers: Dark of the Moon
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:57 PM »
I saw it recently and it was pretty... meh, not that good

Here are a few rants about the film:
Why is Optimus (as stated in Revenge of the Fallen) the last prime when Sentinel Prime was in stasis within the Ark?
There are 2 comebacks from G1, for example-
In the G1 episode 'Megatron's Master Plan', Megatron destroyed the statue of Abraham Lincoln and used it as a throne
and using the space bridge to send Cybertron in orbit to Earth to gather energon from Earth, that is a call back to the G1 3 part episode 'Ultimate Doom'.

here are the contradictions:
In the first movie it is established that Megatron followed the All-spark to Earth, Now he claims that he came to earth to meet sentinel prime, I mean what the crap?

Secondly, not a single mention about the so called :'Ancient Primes' or The Fallen despite Sentinel Prime being a Prime

and finally, In Revenge of the Fallen, it was said that Sentinel Prime went on an expedition to find a new Sun for the star harvester to consume for energon. But in Dark of the Moon, Sentinel's reason for leaving Cybertron is changed entirely.

So yeah, in conclusion, this movie is NOT very recommended. At least the Racist Twins (Skids and Mudflap) are NOT in this film. And in conclusion within a conclusion Michael Bay raped my childhood memories! This is why I rather prefer the TV series (G1, Beast Wars, etc.) as well as War For Cybertron.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:35:40 AM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
Re: (SPOILERS) Transformers: Dark of the Moon
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
I thought it was a lot better than the second. Maybe not quite as good as the first, but it was definately great in my opinion. At least Optimus was back to his robot ass kicking self like he was back in the cartoons. The previous two movies made him feel way old.

The action was good. You could tell appart the robots a little better.

Each robot had a little more personality. DEFINATELY a lot more than the second and a little more than the first.

Remember the shuttle that the autobots were all going to take to get away from Earth? They said that they hid in the SRB so that they wouldn't be aboard if the Decepticons blew it up. Even if they didn't, it would have been one short trip because the SRB wouldn't have been able to carry enough fuel to lift all of that weight!

Nobody told Optimus that Sentinel Prime was still alive aboard the Ark. Now that you pointed them out, there are a few other plot holes.

The way I'm seeing it is that it's bad for a super fan, good for a fan, and good for a non-fan of Transformers.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:18 PM »
Wait, did that come out this week? :o I need to go see that. Even if the plot sucks, how can you go wrong with big shooty robots, right?

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 01:13:13 AM »
Exactly, but they somehow managed to go wrong with the second movie. Don't worry about this one, though. Plenty of bot fights.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 05:43:48 AM »
I dunno. Not a hard core Transformers fan, and never have been, but this new movie just doesn't appeal to me that much, not at all like the first one that...I dunno...just had the right feel to it. The second had not only lost that feel, but felt like it had purposely shunned for some reason. This third movie, while I haven't seen it, feels like it hasn't recaptured that feel either.

But I dunno. Probably will still see it anyway, when it comes to DVD, if not sooner.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »
I liked the second one just fine. Then again, I guess I'm easy to please when it comes to movies.

Crash

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
Second one was a bit disjointed but this one was really good. I can recommend going to see it on the big screen.
It had more in common with the first one and was just a good film all-round.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets