Author Topic: advertising first, product second  (Read 27187 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
Re: advertising first, product second
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 03:46:04 AM »
I take it you don't like this law, but judging from your description, I suppose I can see why. Filling out all those forms sounds a lot like filing taxes. :P

Quote from: WillyP
I read the first part

I do hope you still read all of it anyway, though. Still, I think we're closer than ever to seeing eye to eye. At the very least, the tension has been reduced immensely, and I'm glad for that much. I really don't like to see fighting on this forum. I know it can be above such things.

No, sorry, too much text, my eyes glazed over my tongue hung out and I started drooling on the keyboard when I saw that wall of text. ;) I had to stop reading when my forehead smashed the keyboard and became stuck there due to the cerebral fluid oozing out of the fractures in my skull.  :P

Seriously, no one is fighting, and no, we are not any closer to a consensus on this issue. At least, I know my opinion has not changed. But if you guys think it is ok for govt to dictate every aspect of your lives, and to dictate on what terms you can be employed, or to dictate policy for hiring and promotion in a company you guys might care to own someday, well, there is no hope for you and I give up trying to help you see reason.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:48:18 AM by ...WillyP... »
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 06:54:48 AM »
That explains a lot actually. How long have you not been reading whole posts, out of curiosity?

As I've said before (repeatedly actually), I do not want the government dictating every aspect of my life, and never have stated as such. (maybe if you had read my whole posts...)

Despite your claims, I think I am starting to see what you have against all of this. Obviously, the government wasn't as uninvolved as I had thought it to be, and yes that realization unnerves me a little. (Happy?)

I can't talk about it any further, though, because that will result in a long post you won't read, so no real point in me doing it.

Probably no real point in me reading your posts all the way through, either, but knowing me, and my polite, trying to cover all the aspects, nature probably won't let me.

Quote from: WillyP
Seriously, no one is fighting...

We came darn close, and apparently we're not out of the woods just yet.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
That explains a lot actually. How long have you not been reading whole posts, out of curiosity?
For me ... it could be the second sentence in any given post ... including my own.  ;D

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »
That was the first one I didn't read. Sorry, I was tired, not enough time, and the dog are my homework.

And it was pretty obvious Crash was not going to read, or at least comprehend, my posts, so I was just tired of going around and around with him.

In fact, I meant to end this thread when I wrote this:
Look, you continue to say that I am saying this or that when I have said nothing of the kind. I have repeatedly corrected you, yet you continue to read into what I wrote, only what you want to believe.

Your entire discussion is based on gross distortions of what I am telling you. Is your reading comprehension that low, or are you doing this deliberately? There isn't any point in further discussion if you cannot read what I wrote.
Which, by the way was directed at Crash, not you, Scyphi.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »
...Okay, sorry if I sounded a little miffed earlier.  ::)

If it's any constellation, I think Crash has given up on you too, because he certainly hasn't been posting in this thread anymore.

On a slightly unrelated note, I think maybe Techpro's got the right idea with his recent posts. It's gotten to the point that I think he's actually making fun of the thread now. This is probably one of those things that we'll look back at and laugh upon later.

*resists urge to make an obvious Portal quote here*

:P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline DarkWing

• Gold
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »
Since someone decided to volunteer to be grammar nazi... I volunteer to be "word nazi"

If it's any constellation, I think Crash has given up on you too, because he certainly hasn't been posting in this thread anymore. ...

The word you're looking for is "consolation" (Comfort received by a person after a loss or disappointment.) instead of "constellation" (a group of stars forming a pattern).

However this one seemed rather funny:
... and the dog are my homework. ...

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2011, 07:48:31 AM »

Crash

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2011, 05:10:40 AM »
Look back at and laugh? I'm already laughing.
I gave up on WillyP at this recent point after everything that we'd said: "you guys think it is ok for govt to dictate every aspect of your lives". If that isn't 'a gross distortion after everything, showing a complete lack of comprehension', I don't know what is.
You're the one that's admitted to not reading people's messages and the idea that I somehow am too stupid to understand your argument hasn't really washed with Scyphi either.

You're right, I gave up and was amazed to see new messages in this topic.

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2011, 05:13:48 AM »
LOL, you are right about the first part, but I only admitted to not reading one post. I did read all the rest.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2011, 06:17:49 AM »
I say we all just forget the whole thing now. The more I think about it, the more I think this isn't really worth bickering about.  :D
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2011, 10:09:04 AM »
+1 for Scyphi for that...
Well... if I could :P.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
We should re-enable the powerups feature for Scyphi exclusively and see how many he racks up in the end :P

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets