Poll

How often do you play Descent?

Every day!
At least once a week.
A few times a month.
Rarely, I don't play games much anymore.
Rarely, other games are more fun.
Descent sucks, why would anyone play such a crappy old game?

Author Topic: How often do you play Descent?  (Read 29754 times)

Offline Bettina

• Silver
Re: How often do you play Descent?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
@Ihatehackers... Yes, I intend to get back in the game. I was working on the setups during the week and last night I found everything was working but me.:-)

@blessu D34E... I don't know if you were on last night but glad to hear you're playing.

@Vanguard... Surely someone here can help you. Foil usually checks in and will be more than willing to get you going.

@Grizz... Did you notice the 'B' I wrote on the wall with my flares just before you came in? :) Anyway, I left rusty skid marks on every wall and got shot down by my own missiles more than I want to admit and whenever I tried pushing the F8 key I ended up pushing something else and couldn't figure out how to get rid of the unwanted screen so flew around with it until I got killed. Then my contact lenses were getting stuck to my eyes because I wasn't blinking enough so I had to put in some wetting drops then everything was blurry. :-) Anyway, I had a great time and I couldn't believe I played way beyond my bedtime.

I came in second because you were being nice to me and don't think I didn't notice. :). I've seen you in action before so to stop you from being a gentlemen let me tell you that I could care less whether I win or not. Coming in last doesn't diminish the fun I have playing with the Subway regulars and you especially. In fact I have more fun trying to keep you from winning...than winning. If that makes any sense. ;D

I'll be on again tonight. I only have morning classes three days a week for the rest of August though I plan on going sightseeing with dad off and on during the month.

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »
UPDATE..

I was asked to go in so I can't make it tonight. Will try tommorrow night Sorry.....

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
@Ihatehackers... Yes, I intend to get back in the game. I was working on the setups during the week and last night I found everything was working but me.:-)
Honestly even when you claimed to be actively playing I almost never saw you in a game, but maybe now that I have acquired a habit of staying up till 2 AM... (Not a good habit btw!) I wonder if my parents (or my pitiful excuse for common sense) will allow that continue once college starts...

Offline Grizz

• Silver
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2011, 08:03:50 AM »

@Grizz... I came in second because you were being nice to me and don't think I didn't notice. :). I've seen you in action before so to stop you from being a gentlemen let me tell you that I could care less whether I win or not. Coming in last doesn't diminish the fun I have playing with the Subway regulars and you especially. In fact I have more fun trying to keep you from winning...than winning. If that makes any sense. ;D

Bettina..... Not guilty as charged !!!! While I might take it easy on a new player so they don't get too frustrated, I would never make that mistake with you.... you would hand me my head on a platter..  :o

I am a bit off my game in Subway. It hasn't been being played as much lately, so I've been forced to play Veins more to get get a game in. Totally different gameplay style.

You whipped me fair and square the other night.....   >:(

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Well, right now I prefer the builder's side in terms of Descent 3. I've been playing around in 3Ds-Max, and had some progress on a single-player map... that is, if you are interested in a new map?

I'll start up a separate thread for it.

Offline Tylosaurus

• Silver
  • Largest of all Mosasaurs
    • Descent Task Force
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Great thread! I play Descent 1 almost everyday, more than 5 times a week hehe, Descent 2 and 3 are fun too, but I prefer mainlyD escent 1, stronger weapons, no After Burner ,   it has a the best strategic layout, but hay that is just my feel for it :)

Descent 3 is the best for Co-Ops, there are not many good campaigns for it, but I do hope to see a few more new ones, I always have my PC Flashed Vodoo5 5500 PCi Macintosh ready for it, the PC Bios gives me access to it's DVI-D port ;)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 05:27:12 PM »
I'm kind of more of a D2 co-op guy actually.  Generally the only part of D3 I really like is the anarchy (though sometimes it can be fun to dogfight one robot for five minutes -- cerebral challenge, they're so good at leading you :D).

To my mind, D2 has the best variety of robots to team up against rather than fighting them solo, the most interesting bosses in the series (again, cooperation/team thing), and the biggest variety of quality mission sets to play and quality custom enemies to fight.  And maybe most importantly, I have someone to actually play it with, unlike D1's or D3's.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets