Poll

How often do you play Descent?

Every day!
At least once a week.
A few times a month.
Rarely, I don't play games much anymore.
Rarely, other games are more fun.
Descent sucks, why would anyone play such a crappy old game?

Author Topic: How often do you play Descent?  (Read 30146 times)

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
How often do you play Descent?
« on: June 11, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »
To be honest, I can't remember how long it's been since I've really played, or even worked on a level. I've probably forgotten how.  :o
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: How often do you play Descent?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
it was a tough one to vote on. I rarely play games, but other games are more fun. sorry. they're newer and easier to play. Easier as in, pop in the game and play. I don't have the Descent series fully operational, except right now, just Descent 1.

Offline SaladBadger

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »
Every once in a while, typically blended with other games, but I'm trying to get more priority in things like PiggyDump.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
I play at least a few times a week.  I'm trying to play at least once a day this summer because I have a job so I can stop using all my time to look for one!  I actually have free evenings!  And no homework!

But there are basically no singleplayer missions I haven't played yet (except a few that are way too hard for me), and there's no guarantee anyone will be online (and not to mention the matter of... Portal 2).
I also don't play games at all when I have a song idea.

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:07:08 AM »
I've only played multiplayer a few times this year and I loved that game. Any free time I have I devote to visiting forums or studying. I'm in my last year of college and internship and though it's easier now, I want to take my psyche course over again.

Off Topic.....@wazzazzle.... The recent thread you started that was closed. I thought it was brilliant and wished I saw it earlier.

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:55 AM »
I chose "Not very often, other games are more fun" because it's the closest to the truth. I don't play Descent very often, I'm usually playing other games. It's not that Descent isn't fun, it just takes a very specific mindset and mood to enjoy, for me. In multiplayer, it takes a willingness to get my rear end handed to me repeatedly and laugh it off, which unfortunately is not something I'm good at.

Offline Sapphirus

• Gold
  • The Aura is with me!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
For me, it varies.  I sometimes switch from Descent to other games, other games to Descent, or other games to other games.

(I wish there was an option for it varies)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:43:49 AM by Sapphire Wolf »
Please respect my social media privacy (facebook, steam, twitter)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:09 AM »
Off Topic.....@wazzazzle.... The recent thread you started that was closed. I thought it was brilliant and wished I saw it earlier.

Bee

I closed it because Karx pointed out to me that I had not made it for the purpose I said I had - and I had been deluding myself too.  I'll eventually make a new one that isn't selfish.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
I play at least once a week. I would play tons more, but all you see is tank infested levels, an Anarchy game in Veins that somehow mysteriously runs the CTF gametype, and the modded subway.

Frag Tag is one normal level that pops up often and I jump in there all the time.

I voted "Every Day" though, because that is my spirit!
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Frag Tag is basically all I play now too.

I sometimes go to other servers and hope that someone else comes, but no one ever does.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »
I had to pick "Rarely, I don't play games much anymore" because I'd be lying if I said anything else. Never really been that much of a gamer, see, but it also doesn't help that I've been busy, busy, busy with other things in life, like school, personal projects, etc.

But as of late, I also have to admit that "Portal 2" has played a role in this.

...and the fact that I don't have Descent on my new laptop yet (but I plan on changing that today!)

During better times, however, I used to play at least once a month, typically D1, but occasionally not.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
when unemployed and a linux system, I use to play Descent 3 (online) like EVERY night, ranging from 9 pm to 1 am or 2 am.

A lot has changed though. Now at best, I play Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombie maps) online, but only on Saturday, only time to really play it. Sometimes Fridays and or Sundays. But some days, no days out of week.
Gaming, forums, web browsing or cybering, whatever they call it, is not as interesting anymore. maybe getting bored with it. maybe life is getting too busy. who knows.

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
A few times in a month. I go for a round of co-op once or twice, lucky if I catch someone (new) in.

And Portal 2... I'm sorry Descent, this is THE game I'm dating now. Both in gameplay and in Level building. (Joined a contest just recently!)

Speaking of level building, what happened to the Crowd-Source level building? I couldn't do much till now, due to schoolwork and stuff...

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 09:14:59 AM »
And Portal 2... I'm sorry Descent, this is THE game I'm dating now. Both in gameplay and in Level building. (Joined a contest just recently!)

So that was you. ;)

Yesterday I tried some D1 coop for the first time with my brother.  I got the feeling he liked it far more than I did.

So now I have to introduce him to the Apocalyptic Factor in D2.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:16:34 AM by wazzazzle »

Offline Shroudeye

• Gold
  • Sol Contingency Developer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »
Hey, I always come back to see what my old flame doing! After all, the "first" is always unforgettable... :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets