Author Topic: MAAAN! Descent Vignettes Level 19 Kicked My A**!!!!  (Read 19350 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
Re: MAAAN! Descent Vignettes Level 19 Kicked My A**!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »
Well, I gotta finish Level 24 and 25 of Vignettes first. There's just 25 levels right?
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »
not counting the two secret levels, yes.
The secret levels are actually quite hard to complete, but you get so many goodies from them, they are worth it.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 08:09:27 AM »
IMO they're worth it because they look so the best out of all the levels.  I don't remember getting very much stuff from either of them.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 08:22:17 AM »
Well, the first secret level, you get a good smattering of high-powered weapons prior to reactor destruction. But its only in the maze after reactor destruction that you can get the best stuff. Mega and Smart Missiles up the wazoo, Fusion Cannons, Extra Lives, you name it. However, picking the most ideal route through the maze to snag the most pertinent stuff is tough and may take several reloads until you find the route you want and still make it to the exit on time!
The second secret level is far liberal with its hand-outs. The secret area alone gives you the best treasure trove of all, Extra Lives, Fusion Cannon, boatload of Smart and Mega Missiles. You can freely slam robots in the face with Megas without worrying about running out.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »
I'm stuck on level 7 I think. I'll have to try soon again.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Well, let's see, I'm on level 24, and that's the level I first discovered the quake textures, so, I think I'm going to go ahead and beat 24 and 25 and then start vignettes ALLL over again (with the MODS, but only in Trainee, cuz that is going to be TTTOOOUUUGGGHHH as it is) so I can appreciate the textures of vignettes as you meant for them to be appreciated, DFW.

Then, I'm going to play TEW, and THEN I'll do D1 all over again with the MOD bots enabled, then D2, then there was this mission I downloaded, I forget what it was called, but it takes place after D2. I think it's like a 4 level mission about the lost mines of the Puuma Sphere. That looks like fun, and then FINALLY at long last, reinstall and play D3 for the first time in 9 years! I just want to go in order here.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
I FINISHED VIGNETTES!!!

Level 24 was sooooooo freaky! But I finally beat it, and Level 25. Level 25 was BEAUTIFUL! I !!!LOVED!!! the space ship concept. The exit was so long, and it was like a final goodbye to a long played mission filled with WONDERFUL artistic talent. I just LOVE that part of the Level 25 escape shaft that shows the area you were one last time before the path took you through what appeared to be a hole through an asteroid and then finally out the regular mine shaft surface.

BRAVO DarkFlameWolf!!! Many may have beaten this before, but this was my first time. You have some SERIOUS talent, girl! I don't know what you do for a living, but if it has nothing to do with video game development, I'd seriously consider a career change if I were you, especially if you can make your players SO enveloped into the game that they require a change of shirt after playing those last two levels!

If I ever had to enter a dream of yours like in the movie "Inception," I'll be sure to wear depends before they put me under! Your creative mind is just so wonderful! I am speechless. All I gotta say is THANK YOU FOR LIVING!!! <3 <3 <3

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 03:35:33 PM »
Thanks? LOL
And change to a career of making games? Losing my creative freedom? No thank you. I have had several buddies finally break into their 'dream' careers of making games, and now they hate their lives. Companies rule the creative venues and rarely let individuals be creative with their talents. I'd rather be on the outside looking in, being free to do the types of games I want to make/play rather than have some nameless suit tell me how to make things to be 'fun.'

As far as Vignettes goes, thanks for the praise, comments like these make all the work worthwhile. Hope you enjoy Vignettes again with the new textures meant specifically for the set and the Enemy Within robots, modified (also) for the set.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »
You're welcome. I look forward to playing it all over again. I understand where you're coming from about making games being a "dream" job. The business world is SO cutthroat, ruthless, and soulless... kinda like the fusion hulks.

That reminds me. I always wonder what Descent robot certain people are in my company in the corporate ladder. Here's how I see it in the grocery business, bottom positions listed first, then increasing in rank:

1. Utility Clerks/Custodian: Class 1 Drone
2. Baggers: Class 1 Drone
3a. Cashiers: Class 2 Drone
3b. Stockers: Class 3 Gopher Robot
3c. Meat Clerks: Advanced Lifter
3d. Produce Clerks: Medium Lifter
3e. Deli Clerks: Secondary Lifter
3f. Bakery Clerks: Class 2 Platform Robot
4. Customer Service Boothies: Spider Processing Robot
4a. Bookkeeper/Department Head Back-ups: Small Hulk
5. Floor Supervisor (My position): Class 2 Supervisor Robot
6. Department Heads: Medium Hulk
7. Store Management: Class 1 Driller
8. Store Directors: Class 1 Heavy Driller
9. District Department Directors: Large Hulk (Red Hulk)
10. District Assistant Manager: Class 1 Heavy Driller
11. District Manager: Fusion Hulk
12. Division Assistant Managers: Fusion Hulk
13. Division Vice-President: Super Hulk (Level 7 Boss)
14. Division President: End Hulk (Level 27 Boss)
15. Various Corporate Office Staff: Alien 1 Boss
16. Corporate Board Room Members: Alien 2 Boss
17. CEO: Samuel S. Dravis

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Gold
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 06:41:24 AM »
that is some weird thoughts there Alieo.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
yeah, he's either weird or being creative.

I'll say creative  ;D

We're all a tad strange here and there. Funny, but normal normal people aren't normal.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 09:07:37 AM »
Embrace it!  Enjoy being strange and wierd and bizarre!
That's what I do and it makes life fun...

My stock introduction to people I don't know on servers is "If you want to meet someone wierd you've come to the right place."

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
that is some weird thoughts there Alieo.

Yeah, I know I'm not your typical cookie-cutter person. I do have abstract ideas. Maybe I have those thoughts because I'm an absolute Descent fanatic, eh? So many people call me weird, I should be used to it right now. Truth is, it pisses me off. No one can quite figure me out. I drive a hearse as a normal everyday car, wear a Soviet military 24 hour analog watch, aviator goggles on my head and grow palm plants in my back yard. I don't have a classification or clique. I'm just me, and that's all I know how to be. And thanks to those who actually understand that!

Offline Kaiaatzl

• Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »
So many people call me weird, I should be used to it right now...

I am officially jealous.  Everyone I meet is too polite to actually call me wierd, no matter how wierd I try to be.

Ah well, I suppose if I ever see you in real life Ill immediately know who Im looking at (apostrophe key is not working again).

Be yourself.  Dont let anyone convince you otherwise.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »
I don't have that issue. friends and family will say I'm weird.
What's wrong with a hearse? Mines a military hummer with a 24 hour digital watch; European date setting (even though I'm in the USA)

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets