Author Topic: Firefox 4  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: Firefox 4
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 05:46:35 AM »
Techpro already observed that and explained that to me. He says that what it wants to disable is the little feature that tells you what sites are safe and not safe to visit in things like Google searches. Apparently, FF5 isn't compatible with that feature until AVG upgrade their systems on their end.

Still, I don't want this feature disabled just for the sake of an unnoticeable upgrade, so I stand by what I said before.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »
I just clicked on the icon near the "start" menu at work, and it said it is updating the browser to 5. I'm like what? I never told it to.  ::)

Is this a firefox thing? windows thing? or just good ol' technology at its best?

Crash

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 02:13:02 PM »
Yeah, it was quite a stealth upgrade wasn't it?
I wish I could have the old-style menu AND my tabs on the same row (because I have a widescreen).

I got quite brassed-off and installed chrome. It's nice but it's very ... simple. If you want to do anything demanding, I suspect it may not be the browser for you.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 08:45:02 AM »
Wow, it took them like 1.5 years for FF4, now they have FF5 finished in less than 6 months? It must not be anything special because I've heard no great praise about it.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
it said it would disable some firewall or antivirus add-on, something like that. that's why anytime it asked, I said no or simply ignored it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets