Author Topic: I WANT RAIN!!!  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
I WANT RAIN!!!
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:54:06 AM »
Houston is experiencing "exceptional" drought conditions. Exceptional is an actual classification of drought conditions that is one level dryer than "extreme." Last rainfall over 1/2" was 1/24/11. Since 1/24/11, only an ever so slight spit of rain on 4/15/11. The jet stream is being held in a position further North than usual caused by a massive Bermuda High in the Atlantic, and a La Nina system in the Pacific, disallowing it to dip far enough south to Houston to get any rain. Until those two factors change, there'll be no rain, and the floods, tornadoes and thunderstorms will continue in the midwest. That excess water up there is supposed to be ours, but since the jet stream is being held up north of us here, we're not getting it, and no relief is in sight.
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
Re: I WANT RAIN!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:29:23 AM »
You can have some of our rain. It's been raining all weekend.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:49:41 AM »
we had a nice thunderstorm yesterday morning. I was reaching for my alarm clock when i saw a flash and within a heartbeat or two, a booming sound. I thought for a second, my alarm blew up. It only took a second or two to realize, it's okay. So I looked all around, is the power out? no. alarm is working. Oh hey, there's a thunderstorm.

I never said my mind works at 6:00 a.m.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:00:40 AM »
Whose does? :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »
Lol, that's what you get after 6 months of winter.

We haven't had any thunderstorms yet and only a little bit of rain (probably a good thing given the state of the river), but the first one can't be far off.
Hopefully it doesn't come while I'm delivering flyers.  I've had that happen once before and it was not pleasant.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:08:06 PM »
Vanguard, you live in Minnesota, right? I took my car and ran to escape the storm that dropped the "reported tornado" in St. Michael. Didn't get hailed on, thank god, and got to watch it all from a parking lot 10 miles away that was mysteriously not even wet.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:42:06 PM »
Wooh! It rained today! And 50% chance for tomorrow! (The chance of rain is pretty high during the drought because the chance of rain comes from anticipated tears flowing from my eyes as a result of my COLLEGE ALGEBRA FINAL!!!)
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Jeremy.west

• Silver
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
i want stop rain  ;D . do you know how much rain can in tropical area ? it 4 day continually raining in malaysia .
Muhaaahahaha

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets