Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is dead  (Read 30956 times)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
Thing is... Derailing any old train is child's play. Half the time nobody even gets hurt. No, if they derail a train it won't be an ordinary passenger train. It'll be either a high-speed passenger train or something carrying a crpload of dangerous chemicals. Anybody remember
This footage? Yeah.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
  • Former undertaker; current overtaker.
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »
Great... I was thinking of making AmTrak my alternate to the skies because of excess security. Now, this'll make security at the train stations so tight that they'll be fondling us there too. I should get a pilot's license, buy a private jet, and start a PRIVATE airline in which people would pay me to fly wherever. And I'd have my gun cocked and ready in case sh*t went down. See, that's the solution, I think, is to LOWER security, but not eliminate it completely. If a terrorist wants to blow a plane up, he OR she can hide explosives in their rectum undetected, even with today's standard of high security and, at the most, kill everyone on board the plane. But, if the pilot and co-pilot carried a gun (and maybe a few specialized flight attendants), the terrorists can't actually hijack a plane and fly it into a building and cause MORE deaths.

And let's throw religion into this now that we've tapped politics in this thread. All religion is is a circle maze. And in the middle of that circle maze is the deity or deities. There are several different entrances and paths to get to the middle, which represent aaaaallllll the different religions of the world. Instead of "Religion A" saying, "I'm right and everyone else's way is wrong," I think EVERY religion is right and NONE of them are wrong! Atheists? They still have feelings and knowledge of right and wrong, and that knowledge of right and wrong is at the center of the circle. Once everyone realizes how true this is, and we can all worship or meditate or exist under the same church/temple/synagogue/location, we have world peace. But the ones that think that their path is the right way and everyone else's way is wrong are the ones that cause the wars/arguments/negativity in this world, and that is exactly what makes the Al Qaida group so effed up. True Muslims are peacemakers and have one of the best virtues in the world.

One can argue, oh, the Bible said this, so it's right, and another may argue, oh the Koran said this so it's right so YOURS must be wrong. No. We must embrace and respect each other's beliefs. What is religion? FAITH! It's a BELIEF because YOU weren't there when the roots of your religion was established to SEE and KNOW for sure with your own eyes that what happened to start your religion happened. This is not to discredit religion, but rather to open more eyes to acceptance of others. All faiths are guilty of this "my beliefs are right and others are wrong" but it takes INDIVIDUALS to realize the even bigger picture. I used this circle maze analogy to get out of the Catholic church when I was 15 and used the EXACT same analogy to get back into it when I was 23. There is no one true religion, but the idea of a higher power is universal!
I like to think I have a Descent taste of music.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2011, 07:59:34 AM »
Hear! Hear! Regardless of your religion (or lack thereof), everyone should respect the fact that, at the very least, different people believe different things from you. Maybe it's right, and maybe it is wrong. And yes, sometimes action needs to be taken against the wrong when it causes harm to others. But other than that, things would get along so much better in the world if we weren't always trying to enforce our ideals on others. I mean, what makes one's ideals better than the others anyway?

That said, I feel I should point out that if we are going to take this topic in this direction now, we need to proceed with EXTREME caution. We went down a road like this once before and it didn't exactly turn out too good. I'm not too keen to have it happen again, especially so soon.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »
@Scyphi:

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
I'd rather it NOT go down that road at all. I am assuming that hardly anybody saw the last post on the previous page which made an attempt to bring it back on topic. I'll quote it in a last ditch attempt.

Bringing it back on topic. Discuss one of these main points that I found. Pay heed to the bottom paragraph.

I was reading the news....

Al-Quida is pissed.

They're to derpy to realize that we already hurried Osama so they are saying "don't mistreat the body. I'd bet you aren't going to follow tradition, whine whine whine QQ.

Everyone is shifty eyed towards Pakistan because Osama was across the street in the Hilton. Your average Joe wants to pull the plug on financial support for Pakistan. It is like, "what are we paying them for? Sure, they find a few guys in the caves, but c'mon..."

Plans were discovered for DERAILING A TRAIN on SEPTEMBER 11 THIS YEAR. I would recommend NOT RIDING on any TRAINS that day just in case the terrorists decide to go through with that plan.
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2011, 09:55:06 PM »
That said, I feel I should point out that if we are going to take this topic in this direction now, we need to proceed with EXTREME caution. We went down a road like this once before and it didn't exactly turn out too good. I'm not too keen to have it happen again, especially so soon.

x2. In Alieo's defense, I don't remember his being involved in the previous discussion and therefore I don't know if he knows how it went, but the atmosphere was turned a bit more tense and cold than it once was after that one. Let's keep the religious discussion to a minimum here.  ;)

Plans were discovered for DERAILING A TRAIN on SEPTEMBER 11 THIS YEAR. I would recommend NOT RIDING on any TRAINS that day just in case the terrorists decide to go through with that plan.

Apparently Al Quida is very aware of our American tendancy to mourne on specific anniversaries of tragic events. This being the tenth year following, another blow would be demoralizing to our people. I haven't heard any news of this elsewhere, but it's certainly plausible and believable.
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2011, 10:04:33 PM »
@D2Junkie: I saw a report on Nightline saying that one of the hard drives confiscated from bin Laden's hideout contained plans to actually do this, to derail one of the busiest AmTrak lines in America on 9/11/11. They didn't mention which line though.

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
Of course they wouldn't.
It turned out to be a smart move on their part didn't it.

But at least america has some warning this time, and probably more ways to increase security and stop it than they did at 9/11 - assuming Al-Quida wasn't outright lying and planning to do something else, using this as a diversion.

Offline Alieo

• Formerly "Texace12"
  • Platinum
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
@Wazzazle: LOL! At the end of every post, your signature goes perfectly with whatever you're saying!

SO THERE!

haha!

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
The government should say on the TV, "ok, nobody ride the train on September 11. SO THERE, Al-Quida!"
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
The government should say on the TV, "ok, nobody ride the train on September 11. SO THERE, Al-Quida!"
There's a reason you're not in charge of anything important...

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 05:22:22 AM »
He meant it as a joke, methinks. :P
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
    • YouTube
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
+1 powerup for Scyphi :P

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
+1 powerup for Scyphi :P
-1 for you :P

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2011, 07:34:27 AM »
The thing is that I could see the politicians actually saying that, as if it'd really make a difference. :P
Check out my deviantART

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets