Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is dead  (Read 30451 times)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »
I'm more Libertarian. More freedom, less taxes, less government. don't get that mixed up with anarchy. I believe they bring on destruction and want complete freedom.

We're really having different topics in here lately.

I think I am staying out of this one, or be very limited to what I say. I know that I know less about certain political things than others. I'm not going to mention what, because I don't want to stir up more stuff, but my friend believes in something that I may believe, but don't get into.

*gracefully heads out the door*

Offline -<WillyP>-

• Lt. Commander
  • Purple Heart
  • I can haz personal text?
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
If you don't want to discuss politics, stick to the topic. I won't bring up politics if no one else does. And at any rate, my post was about economy, not politics. Except maybe for the bit of criticism of Obama.
Smart people look like crazy people to stupid people.

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »
If Osama was killed, and we didn't say anything, would it better than what we actually did? Imagine a fake person here, or keep it to yourself, someone you do like that is real.
And one day, the enemy announced "we killed him/her". and they celebrated. I would think that would cause some problems.
If that person you look up to is dead, and the reason is unknown, I would think one would just be more sad.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »
Quote from: Vanguard
don't get that mixed up with anarchy. I believe they bring on destruction and want complete freedom.

I wouldn't call myself an anarchist. I understand the need for government. I just don't really want to be a part of it sometimes. :P

That said...

Quote from: WillyP
If you don't want to discuss politics, stick to the topic. I won't bring up politics if no one else does.

Ok, I'll do that now. I don't particularly want to discuss politics either. Probably shouldn't have even brought it up.
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:39 AM »
*crickets chirping*

hey, the sound of peace

Offline D2Disciple

• Major
  • Gold
  • Deal with it.
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
Lol. I must be the only one who finds the discussion of politics to be quite enlightening and informative. Still, it's probably best to keep it to a minimum; not everyone feels the same. ;)
I, for one, hope this is much, much more than a reconnaissance mission.

Offline NUMBERZero

• PDPM
  • Platinum
  • The Flight Pattern Reader
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
Now they are debating on whether or not to release the photos of dead Osama in the compound.

If I was the Prez, I would never release those photos. I've had some experience that tells me that they should not be released.

If they are released, I would blame it on wikileaks.

Oh! And about having Osama's codename Geronimo. WTH is that all about? It's one of the most stupidest arguments that I have ever heard about. Soooooo many other things have been codenamed Geronimo.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:17:58 AM by Omega »
"I hate not being able to move in three dimensions. Cramps my style." -Cpt. Jack "Heartbreak One" Bartlett (Ace Combat 5)

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Lol. I must be the only one who finds the discussion of politics to be quite enlightening and informative. Still, it's probably best to keep it to a minimum; not everyone feels the same. ;)

I don't mind talking about politics, and it's fun talking about spiritual things, God, etc, but I seem to remember a topic that ended up getting locked.
That's partially why I am not saying much.

Now they are debating on whether or not to release the photos of dead Osama in the compound.

If I was the Prez, I would never release those photos. I've had some experience that tells me that they should not be released

It sounds like he won't, and wants it classified. It's one thing I will agree with, I don't think it should be released. Don't kick a man that's down so to speak. Not sure if that's the right saying or not. but to put it another way, it's bad enough we told the enemy that we killed Osama. Let's not make it worse and show pictures.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:24:06 PM by Vanguard »

Offline Bettina

• Silver
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
I have no mixed feelings whatsoever about this. I treat his death the same as I would treat a child killer and disposing of the body at sea and not revealing the death photos of a monster was the right thing to do.

Bee
"When the gift is the music, it comes from the heart that sings"

Offline Kaiaatzl

• An unusual choice for ship's cat
  • Platinum
  • beware of ounce
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 04:45:02 PM »
I suppose, coming from a country that doesn't believe in the death penalty, I have differring feelings about this.  I wouldn't say mixed feelings, it's more like not knowing what to think.
It definitely seems this was the only way - from what I hear I infer if he was imprisoned he would have got out.
But is any killing right?
This wouldn't be the first time that I say I don't believe in the value of war, or any other kind of killing.

Offline Matthew

• Platinum
    • Globalgamers.de
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »
I suppose, coming from a country that doesn't believe in the death penalty, I have differring feelings about this.  I wouldn't say mixed feelings, it's more like not knowing what to think.
It definitely seems this was the only way - from what I hear I infer if he was imprisoned he would have got out.
But is any killing right?
This wouldn't be the first time that I say I don't believe in the value of war, or any other kind of killing.
Compared to what he probably would've gone through in any American prison, I think this was the most humane thing they could've done to him, tbh, that wouldn't involve him continuing to do what he does.

Offline Scyphi

• Purple Heart
  • TechPro Jr.
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »
I think killing him was more or less justified given what he had done, I just don't think we should be making such a big deal out of it.

And yes, I think withholding the pictures is a good call. Seriously, with all the details about the death the government has been giving without the pictures is enough for me to believe they actually did it. I really don't see any reason why any American should doubt them on this matter. I mean, any other matter, maybe, but one as serious as this...?
"I thought I had a great idea, but it never really took off. In fact, it didn't even get on the runway. I guess you could say it exploded in the hanger." -Calvin and Hobbes
Check out my deviantART

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
My friend will always argue on stuff. I may say, "good for the president in not releasing the pictures."

he'll say "yeah, and you know why?" and he'll go into some conspiracy theory, right or wrong. That's my friend. I haven't heard from him much this week, been really sick. he had to leave quickly last Friday.

Offline TechPro

• Lt. Commander
  • Platinum
  • Where was I?
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »
He'd been really sick?  Or you were really sick?

Offline VANGUARD

• Platinum
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »
you know the sad part is techpro, before posting, I said to myself "okay, I have to make it clear that he is the one that's sick, not me".
what a good job I did, lol.

An Error Has Occurred!

Cannot create references to/from string offsets